Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python NI-DAQ multi-board acquisition

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm using two PCIe 6259 boards connected with an RSTI cable. I'm using the Python NI-DAQmx library to control them. I have used these boards in MATLAB for multi-board acquisition but I keep getting boards can't be used, the error is: "nidaqmx.errors.DaqError: One or more devices do not support multidevice tasks. Device: Dev1 Device: Dev2"

N = 512
sampleRate = 110e3
readTask = daq.Task('readTask') # Create analog read task
readTask.ai_channels.add_ai_voltage_chan('Dev1/ai0', terminal_config=TerminalConfiguration.RSE)
readTask.ai_channels.add_ai_voltage_chan('Dev2/ai0', terminal_config=TerminalConfiguration.RSE)
readTask.timing.cfg_samp_clk_timing(sampleRate, sample_mode=AcquisitionType.CONTINUOUS, samps_per_chan=N)
reader = readTask.in_stream
readTask.start()

attached below is te full script I just want help understanding how to connect the boards. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(186 Views)

Did you Registering Your RTSI Cable in MAX?

To create a multi-device route, the source and destination devices must share a trigger bus both physically and logically in MAX. For PCI devices, you must register your RTSI cable in MAX.

See Real-Time System Integration (RTSI) and Configuration Explained

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 4
(174 Views)

I have registered the RTSI cable with MAX. I have done a little more research and found out that PCIe-6259 is an M-class device, so it does not support multi-device tasks. So I'll have to figure out how to synchronize them with separate tasks. So all my code is useless. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(166 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DiegoBoulder

Good catch. In that case, you would need two separate tasks. You can refer to nidaqmx-python/examples/analog_in/ai_multi_task_pxie_ref_clk.py at master

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 4 of 4
(125 Views)