NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREQ_OUT pin on Elvis II+

Hello all,

I was looking to gain additional information on the frequency output (FREQ_OUT) pin on the Elvis II+. The M series manual that I have been using states "The Frequency Output (FREQ OUT) signal is the output of the frequency output generator." however when I am trying to determine if the signal that is coming from the pin is the same as the signal I am ouputting from the frequency generator, I am not getting any signal on the oscilloscope. 

Was wondering if anyone could expand or enlighten me if my understanding of this pin is incorrect. Thanks in advance!

-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,562 Views)

Hi,

I believe the FG comes out on the FUNC OUT pin A54, and its digital equivalent are at SYNC OUT pin A53.

Is this where you are looking ?

===============================================================

Take a look at DATEx, FOTEx, HELEx & SIGEx add-in trainer boards for NI ELVIS 1,2 & 2+ and DXIQ, ESSB for NI ELVIS III and myDSP for myDAQ to learn Wireless Telecoms, Signals & Systems, Fiber Optics and Green Energy principles (www.emona-tims.com)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,475 Views)

Hi carloman,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually looking at the freq_out pin in the counter portion of the Elvis II+ on the bottom right portion of the bread board.

-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,469 Views)

FREQ_OUT pin is assoc with counters which are controlled by DAQmx software...not the Function Generator interface. You dont want this.

You should find the FG output in the bottom left corner section : FUNCTION GENERATOR: FUNC_OUT pin, as well as SYNC OUT.

This section also has AM IN and FM IN, which enable you to amplitude modulate the output and FREQ modulate the output. Ignore these if you just want to control via the software interface.

Cheers.

===============================================================

Take a look at DATEx, FOTEx, HELEx & SIGEx add-in trainer boards for NI ELVIS 1,2 & 2+ and DXIQ, ESSB for NI ELVIS III and myDSP for myDAQ to learn Wireless Telecoms, Signals & Systems, Fiber Optics and Green Energy principles (www.emona-tims.com)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,420 Views)

Ok got it that makes perfect sense. That was my initial assumption, but couldn't find anything confirming or denying this assumption. Thanks for the information.

-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,399 Views)