From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-TimeSync 1.2 with NI-Sync Hardware Support

I have equipped a PXI system with a PXI-6682H timing module in Slot2 and I edited the ni-timesync-nisync.ini as follows:

[TIME SYNC]
source.nisync.deviceName=PXI1Slot2
source.nisync.timekeeperGainAdjustRatio=1

Next, I have modified the original NI-Sync "Generate PPS and Wait.vi" example such as to replace the original while loop with a Timed Loop running on the 1MHz absolute timing source.

As shown in the attached snippet, at each iteration, the Actual Start timestamp (t1) is compared with the NI-Sync timestamp (t0) and the difference dt=t1-t0 is displayed.

Running this code from the LabVIEW project reveals a systematic difference that oscillates around 70 microseconds.

Should I consider this result as an indication that the synchronization of the system clock with the timing module through NI-TimeSync hardware plugin is no better than 75 microseconds, or there is something I am missing in my code that results in such difference?

TimeSync 1.2-NI-Sync.png

FP.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,456 Views)