NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to EtherNet/IP Industrial Protocol Support

Unfortunately, there is not a trial download. The software is available

for purchase only. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss.

Andrew Rivera l Technical Sales Representative – Greater Pittsburgh

Area l National Instruments l andrew.rivera@ni.com l

512-683-0052

Western PA LabVIEW Users Group

Schedule Your Personal Online LabVIEW and NI Hardware Demo with an NI

Engineer

To: AndrewRivera <andrew.rivera@ni.com>

Date: 10/31/2011 12:44 PM

Subject: - Re: Welcome to EtherNet/IP Industrial Protocol

Support

Community

Re: Welcome to EtherNet/IP Industrial Protocol Support

created by CaseyLamers in NI Labs - View the full discussion

I am interested in an evaluation of the EtherNet/IP software for use on a

windows target and a cRIO target. Is that available?

Thanks,

Casey

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on

Community

Start a new discussion in NI Labs by email or at Community

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 125
(4,644 Views)

I would appreciate if anyone can tell me whether LabVIEW EtherNet/Ip driver supports both "Adapter" & "Scanner" functionality. It seems to me that the driver supports only EtherNet/IP adapter functionality.

Has anyone used the driver for implementing "Scanner" functionality?

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi,

I have used Ethernet/IP drivers version 1.1.0 and that worked under Labview 2009. Since I use now Labview 2011 for my projects I am trying to use the latest version of these drivers (version 1.2). The problem I came across is that once I finish the installation I see that I have the latest version installed under my system but when I try to install the software on the remote device, in this case a PXI-8108, the only option available to install is still version 1.1.0. I have tried uninstalling the previously installed 1.1.0 and install 2.1 from scratch but I still can not see the option under MAX. I have tried running a test VI anyway but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Simone Primavera

Control Engineer

Tri Alphae Energy

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi Simone,

Since this product has "graduated" from NI Labs to a shipping product, the only way to get support for newer versions of LabVIEW is through the shipping product (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209676).I believe the 1.2 release only supported up to 2010. -- EDIT I think I meant 1.1

The new product does have some additional functionality compared to the NI Labs version (64-bit LV support, protocol compatibility improvements, bug fixes) as well.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi Eric,

the copy of the drivers I have were purchased and I believe the add-on is also part of our support service. I was given the latest version through ftp download and the drivers show 2011 support. I have also an open support request; Support then suggested me to post this issue here. What can I do?

thanks
Simone

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 125
(4,644 Views)

My apologies, I forgot the 1.2 version is the shipping one and 1.1.x was the last NI Labs version. I'm not sure why support directed you to this forum as it is devoted to the NI Labs release. I would imagine a more appropriate location would be the Industial Comms forum here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Industrial-Communications/bd-p/260

To address your problem, are you sure when you reinstalled EIP that the installer shows LV Real-Time support as being enabled (it is one of the optional components). It should check itself automatically if you have a supported version of LVRT also installed but maybe the logic was not right, especially if you were doing a reinstall. Try going back to the installer and ensuring that LVRT support is enabled. After this occurs you should see files under the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\IndComEIP\1.2.0 (remove the x86 if you are running 32-bit Windows).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi Eric,

good news...I have verified the presence of those files and everything matches. Suspecting a problem with MAX (as it happens quite often) I have closed the program, rebooted my machine and tried one more time to install drivers on the remote target and suddenly the latest version was available for installation. I have already installed the software and tested and so far everything works normally.

thank you again for your prompt reply

Simone

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi BlueCheese,

Thanks for opening this thread. Can you tell me how many CIP connections for EthernetIP Tag Communications are there?

Regards,

Daniel

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 125
(4,644 Views)

REDS wrote:

Hi BlueCheese,

Thanks for opening this thread. Can you tell me how many CIP connections for EthernetIP Tag Communications are there?

Regards,

Daniel

I can't speak for the current code, but the one on NI Labs had up to a maximum of 128 simultaneous connections for both incoming and outgoing requests. I would expect the limit to have remained unchanged.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 125
(4,644 Views)

Hi BlueCheese,

I'm happy to see this thread.  I have recently rebuilt my laptop and reinstalled the ethernetip driver.  The SLC500 read and write .vi's are broken.  There is a type mismatch with the session control.  The .dll session data type is an unsigned 64 bit integer.  I didn't have this issue before, or if I did, I don't recall what I did to correct it.  I've tried two different versions, 1.0.1 and 1.0.6.  Can you help me?  I have to get some updates out ASAP.

John

NI SLC500 error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 125
(4,644 Views)