NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition Soft Front Panel

i got it to work. I just didn't understand what its problem was. Once I paid more attention to the sampling rate between the DSG and the DSA application. i.e. 10kHz on one is ok for 5kHz, 2.5kHz on the other everything went smooth. Now just for NI to get transfer functions into the DSA then I'd be smooth sailing.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,584 Views)

In addition to running the DSA and DSG simultaneously, you can run multiple instances of the DSA SFPs at the same time!

For instance, you could run one DSA SFP to operate all the DSA analog input channels (for instance, if you have multiple 4464 devices installed in a PXIe chassis) that can be added to a task. You could also run another instance of the DSA SFP to acquire data from a USB 4431. Change the data directory on the second SFP (so the two SFPs won't contend with each other for write access to a configuration file), and you can easily investigate input signals from different devices at the same time.

With two timing engines available on devices such as the PXIe 4463, you can also use multiple instances of the DSG SFP to operate each analog output channel completely independently. Or use one instance of the DSG SFP to synchronize both analog output channels to the same clock and start trigger. 

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,256 Views)

Latest update available at DSA Soft Front Panels Download - NI.

This 2020 update includes the DSA and DSG executables which are built to run on the 64-bit LabVIEW runtime engine (2020 or later) and the DAQmx runtime component (20.0 or later).

What's new since the 2018 update?

• Fix for BUG 1251902 - DSG SFP returns error -1907 on launch under certain conditions
  • Fix for BUG 714131 - Excessive latency observed when using DSG with ethernet cDAQ systems
  • Fix for BUG 707533 - DSA SFP should not launch dialog (no matter how briefly) on launch
  • Recognize NI 9231 as a DSA input device (Note that DSA PXI modules are automatically detected as DSA devices)
  • Color modes (specified by <Ctrl><0..9>) for DSG made to match DSA
  • Default plot colors in DSA show greater contrast for comparison
  • Documentation update
  • Streamline generation in DSG to minimize CPU usage during continuous generation
  • Streamline spectral analysis in DSA to minimize CPU usage during continuous measurement and analysis
  • Improve info table resizing to fit contents
  • Displayed version of SFPs inherits from version of the LabVIEW runtime engine

If you have issues or requests, please let us know. Also remember, the source projects for these SFPs are installed with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit. After generating your own instance of a sample project, it is completely open for additional customization.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,243 Views)

Latest update available at Download the DSA Soft Front Panels.

The 2022 update includes the DSA, DSG, and Pure Tone soft front panel executables.

The new Pure Tone soft front panel leverages the PureTone hardware module included with the NI PXIe 4467 and NI PXIe 4468. The Pure Tone soft front panel enables you to generate an exceptionally low-distortion tone using these modules.

The source projects for these SFPs are installed with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit. After generating your own instance of a sample project, it is completely open for additional customization. The Pure Tone VI is an additional top-level VI in the DSG sample project (DSG_AO_SFP.lvproj).

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(547 Views)