NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to NI LabVIEW 2009 - 2017 (64-bit) Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit

Hi ZJ,

I would also like to know when LV 2010 64Bit of the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit will be ready.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 66
(5,092 Views)

I'd like to port this to Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 66
(5,092 Views)

yeah, a lotta NI solutions are Windows-based. Only LabVIEW, DAQ-mx Base, some DAQ card drivers, and other limited tools have Linux Support. Many toolkits, such as this Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit and Biomedical Startup Kit, are for Windows only, not even Mac. This is a big problem for Linux users. On one side, we have many critical applications to run on Linux (at least Linux can maximize the performance of those computing-intensive and highly real-time applications). On the other side, we can't enjoy fully using NI solution with other tools we enjoy on Linux.

I can't see the reason for the Signal Processing Toolkit to support Windows only. If it purly uses LabVIEW functions, then there should be no technical difficulty. Signal processing is just math, having nothing to do with platform or hardware. Maybe the only reason they support Windows only, is because the installer needs Windows.

I wish NI can hear the growing voice of Linux users in engineering community. As Matlab and Simulink have very good support for Linux, NI is actually pushing us to Mathworks.

But, anyway, the MathScript RT module for Linux is free. Therefore, you can sort it out by programming algorithms on your own.

--
Forrest Sheng Bao, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Akron, Akron, OH, USA
https://sites.google.com/site/forrestbao/
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 66
(5,092 Views)

Hi All Users,

LabVIEW 2010 (64-bit) Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit would be posted soon. Please wait a moment

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 66
(5,092 Views)

Hi ZJ - Can you point to the link for download?

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 66
(5,092 Views)

Hi Zhijun,

Could you tell me where I can find the 64bit version of the ASPT 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 66
(5,092 Views)

Hi Don and Zch0820,

It is the process delay of posting the zip file. Now it is there.

Sorry for the inconvenience and feel free to post feedback here!

ZJ Gu

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 66
(5,092 Views)

I brought my code to completely 64-bit LabVIEW 2010 including this 64-bit ASP now and am taking advantage of the new features and performance of LabVIEW 2010.  Appears to be working just fine. 

Now you just have to keep it up to date for each new version of LabVIEW!

Thanks much....Don

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 66
(5,092 Views)

You are welcome!!

Feel free to post any feedback here!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 66
(5,092 Views)

Been meaning to ask this one for a long time (posted at the following location):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-find-the-frequency-bands-of-the-DWT-for-the-db04-wavelet/m-p/...

How do guys determine the end point frequency on the power spectrum graph in the Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis Express VI, and can you add this so it displays on the frequency axis for the next update?

Don

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 66
(5,092 Views)