NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate package 'LabVIEW (32-bit) English (> = 23.3.1.49157-0+f5)

Í installed NI PM 2023 Q4 on a clean Windows 10 VM and get the following message installing e.g. a LV addon.

Unable to locate package 'LabVIEW (32-bit) English (> = 23.3.1.49157-0+f5) with a comaptible version and architecture.

The proposed solution is to cancel the installation ???

Via a "Why am I seeing this link?"link I get to: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/package-manager/page/troubleshoot-install-remove-upgrade.html?p...

The web site gives a lot of issues and possible solutions, but not very helpfull.

I installed LV 2023 Q3 as offline installer to the system and it shows up in NI PM, I could even updates some packages from NI PM, but when I want to install NI-VISA it gives me the same error message, even though that LabVIEW version is already nstalled!

Please advise, I'd hate to have to download the partner platform installer (60GB) to get everything installed. Downloading each of the separate offline installers is also not very appealing.

Added for later reference so I can upload and generate NI PM error logs: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHe6CAG&l=nl-NL

After enabling the CURL logs NI PM continued with the installation of NI-VISA and NI-Daqmx which previously errored out. (I'll update later with results of LV RT and LV FPGA installation)

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,070 Views)

HI Andre, I am not aware of any of the details, but I think that this issue was recently discussed internally right after we publishing a patch to that version of LabVIEW. It was suggested that this issue was a transient issue with our publishing process, so could you try it again to see if the issue still occurs?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,029 Views)

Hi Scot,

Too bad I forgot tot take a snapshot of the VM before installing LV and enbaling the logging.

I hope with you you that it was indeed transient, I'll update when I see it again.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,021 Views)