NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Test Report Include Limits

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to include Limits (Units, Nominal, Low, High) when the Test Report is Text format aka "Simple Text" or other text csv etc.  The formats for ATML, XML etc. include limits.

IMHO, without Limits the Simple Text format is useless.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(224 Views)

OK, I think there is drop down box in the Result Processing window for this setting to include Limits as it exist for other Test Report formats.  I need to save and compile so the Simple Text Report option shows the options configuration.

But wait, I click config TestStand attempts to execute LV ver17 Runtime Engine.  I'm setup to run LV ver2020.

TS_ConfigTestReport.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

The example TestStand Simple Text Report is provided in LabVIEW 2017, just reopen in LabVIEW 2020 and save so TestStand uses 2020 instead if that is what you want.

You can modify that Simple Text Report by modifying the ReportColumns to display more information:
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJQtSAM&l=en-US

Message 3 of 6
(170 Views)

Thanks for the link, it's what I was looking for.  

Yea, I didn't wan to save my sequence at the time to update the LV runtime to fix the problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(161 Views)

I simply want to add "Measurement", "Units", "Nominal Value", "Low Limit", "High Limit", and "Comparison Type" to the Simple Test Report.   These are columns used for the other TestStand Test Report, (ATML, XML, HTML etc.) formats.

OK, as I follow the instruction in the link, it's not clear how to correctly add/modify columns, or the formatting of Keys and Display Names, to the test report.  How do I find the "Key" name associated with those columns mentioned above.  It is not clear how to find them in the Expression Browser of a test step.  Do I look into RunState.Report or some other path?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(156 Views)

Oh wow, at the bottom of the page, looks I overlooked the link, How Can I Filter the Results of the Simple Text Report in TestStand? that answer my question.  I'm reading into it now.

And after reading into requires adding some cases to the VI...

SimpleTextPluginProcessOneResult.png

OK but it looks like I really wanted ASCI Text Report Format which is configurable via TS, not Simple Text Format configurable via TS & LV.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(147 Views)