NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis TimeSync Custom Device Feedback

Stephen,

How close the sync should be between LS and HS? Attached is what I get in our data analysis tool.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Check your wiring, channels look opposite of each other.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Hi Usman,

I'm not familiar with your internal tool. If it is incapable of performing X/Y plotting and Waveform plotting on the same chart it will be incapable of showing the data correctly. I recommend using DIAdem and the alignment VBS script I provided here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14644/en

Can you try that? If that works and your tool does not then we know the system is correct but your tool is not correct.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Stephen

When using 2 PXIs together and want to sync, I am sharing the clock over the ethernet in 6683H. I have configured both ethernet ports and I selected 1588 sharing on both. Is that the correct method?

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Yep!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 115
(4,303 Views)

In max, does it matter what should be on the top of the list priority wise? Right now I have NISYNC then 1588 and then Custom on both PXIs.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 115
(4,303 Views)

you should not have those options in max. You should only see Ni sync and ethercat. You must have installed on the target the Ni-timesync plugins for 1588 and custom timekeeper. Those should be uninstalled.

The only items you should have installed is Ni sync 3.4.0+, ni-timesync 1.2, and the ni-timesync plugin for ni-sync. Then in max on the date time page you will only see ni-sync and ethercat. Ethercat should be deselected.

the 6683 does 1588 sync in hardware on the card. The other stuff is for software based 1588 which you do not want.

to use the hardware 1588 on the 6683 just select 1588 as the time reference in the custom device.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 115
(4,303 Views)

I do not see the waveforms from both PXI to be in sync with each other, when I increase the frequency, the phase shift increases eventually becoming in sync phase wise but gets out of phase again.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Yes so I have 2 things now, NISYNC and EtherCat and only NISync selected and is the first one in the list. I see that HS is almost syncing but EtherCat does not sync with each other, I am looking at the workspace window and I see as I increase frequency they are deviating from each other. Any clue why?

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 115
(4,303 Views)

Actually I jsut noticed in the workspace window that the HS also syncs and goes out of sync and comes back in sync again and its happening very fast, you could only notice that when you pause it.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 115
(4,303 Views)