NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the "Old" VS Inline Async CD API

I am working on a VeriStand project that used the "Old" VS Inline Async CD API to build a Custom Device.

Now I need to make a few changes to the Custom Device and rebuild the Custom Devices' Configuration.llb and Engine.llb.

I can only find the current or "New" VS Inline Async CD API in the VeriStand Add-ons Forums, but I really need the old one since the project that I inherited was built around 2014 and used the old API. The old API is normally installed in LabVIEW\User.Lib\VS Inline Async CD API\ .

If someone has a copy on their PCs could you email it to me or direct me to where I can get it? Thank you! I am enclosing an image file that shows the "Old" API files that I am missing in my project.

Thank you!

Sundaram Raghuraman

raghu.nmj@gmail.com

Certified LabVIEW Developer (since 2005)
LabVIEW Developer since Version 2.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,598 Views)

It looks like this add-on is stored on GitHub here: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/VeriStand-Addon-Inline-Async-API

Perhaps you could search through the previous commits and see if it matches what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,577 Views)

Thank you for responding. It is a good suggestion. I checked the oldest commit there, and it still was not the "Old" API I am looking for. It is possible that it was never released, just used internally within NI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,575 Views)

My recommendation in most cases would be to evaluate the effort needed to move your code forward to the new version of this API. 

The new version of the API includes improvements and is pretty actively maintained. We intend to continue using it for new projects. 

If you're unable to move your code to the new version of the API you may have luck looking into the GitHub commit history of the actual custom devices that used this API. For example, there is an older version of the Inline Async API in an old commit of the Waveform Processing Custom Device here: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Waveform-Processing-Custom-Device/tree/a4eed4dab65566fdbdd28d3...

I hope this helps!

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,573 Views)

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the old commits of the Waveform Processing CD as you suggested, but still could not find the version I was looking for. This one seems to an intermediate version between my "Old" and the current "New" API. All the file names are differentbut similar to the "New" API but the location is in User.lib.!

I will keep looking..If I can't find it, I will move to the new API as you suggested.

Sundaram Raghuraman

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,561 Views)