Orange County LabVIEW Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD: Jim's Enhanced Traffic Signal

JC -

Your recert effort sounds similar to what others about me seem to have experienced recently.  Regarding what it should be testing - seems to me that it should be related to the current LV environment, i.e. tools available, new architectures coming to the fore, etc rather than LV x years ago.  Shouldn't the recert demonstrate that the engineer is keeping up to date with current LV practices.  That being said, it does seem like there is some stuff that they are testing that is more relavent to the CLA (such as general SW engineering practices).  I think we all may be caught in the middle of a paradigm shift with regards to these exams and NI has just not caught up on the preparation part of it.  Just my two cents.

Cheers, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(474 Views)

Just an update regarding the CLD-R.  I passed the exam on my first try a couple of weeks ago and it was nowhere near as bad as the original CLD test. JC's observation that it included some stuff on architecture and general engineering was correct, but 90% of the questions were nearly identical to the sample test questions with minor tweaks.  If you study the two sample tests for a few days and make sure you understand all the content it's not difficult to pass.

Message 12 of 12
(474 Views)