Orange County LabVIEW Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to meet & talk with real LabVIEW users (technology decision _ departing from DeltaV)

Is there an OC or LA meeting coming up?  I'd love to mingle with some real users, talk about the challenges I'm facing in our business with our current automation platform, and hear more about the depth of LabVIEW.  I'm very excited about what I've read, but talking to real humans is vital to getting honest feedback on the product, training, organization, etc.  Thanks in advance for any feedback, and I hope you'll let me buy a round of drinks and bend your ears - in realtime.

Best regards,

-Bill Reynolds

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,739 Views)

Hi Bill,

I don't know if anyone responded to you yet, but I always enjoy talking to other developers, general users, and potential users about LabVIEW.  Unfortunately, after 13+ years of regular monthly meetings, the OC usergroup meeting has been turned into a "quarterly" meeting that hasn't been very consistant.  If you have any questions or want to get together for lunch, you can contact me at my personal email address callmeej _ yahoo _ com ( fill in the blanks with @ and . ).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,575 Views)

Hi Bill,

yes...so sorry in not responding! I've met a couple of users at the last Ni Developer Education Day and I am still in close contact as we are both interested in taking the CLD together, recently met with the new rep Andy and in discussing our needs here in aerospace. I’ve been attending the NI events regularly as it pertains to advance users, as I have plenty of “hands on” use here at work, mainly Daq io’s with circuit designed interfaces with UUT. So shoot me a PM whenever!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,575 Views)

Hello Bill,

There is a LV Premier event on Aug 21 in Irvine. I will be there and would love to hear/discuss about your challenges if you plan to be at the event. Please feel free to send me email at info@computequest.com.

-rk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,575 Views)

RK,

I'm kicking myself as I'll be on vacation during the 21st.  I will definately try to connect with you and others when I get back - and I see there's a Hands-on clinic in OC too in the coming weeks.  Thanks for the message and I'll be reaching out to you and others very soon.

I appreciate how responsive the LV community is!

Best regards,

-Bill

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,575 Views)

Hi Bill,

Nice to meet you.  I’ve been to every single Labview user group meeting for the past 3 years or so.  There isn’t really much time to mingle at those events.  The time is usually all consumed in a new technical concept or a demo.  I had a chance to meet Mike and another engineer at the Labview Developer Education day back in June.  Maybe we should start our own event.

Sang

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,575 Views)

Sang,

My offer still stands - I'll buy the first round of drinks!  I realize that there isn't much time to mingle, and that's a healthy sign that these events have probably been packed with lots of valuable content.  I'll look forward to sitting in on any of these that come around in the future - keep me on the invite list 🙂

Have a great day,

-Bill

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,575 Views)

I and a coworker will be there at the 2012 LabVIEW premier representing Eaton Aerospace in Irvine, looking forward to meeting the OC users and coercing Andy to proctor the CLD later in September...

R/Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,575 Views)