Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling In Quick Drop (Plugins)

Hi Darren

Is there any explicit error handling code that chains from the plugin back into QD?

If not is there any plans for the future?

If not (and thinking out loud)

It would probably be best if it was all handled by QD so it was consistent

I am thinking you could toggle an option in the Dialog to turn Report Errors ON or OFF

If ON, then QD could show a dialog if an error occurs (on the standard LabVIEW error output)?

What's your take on this?

What do you an others do at the moment?

Currently I handle and clear them in the plugin, but don't report them.

What do you think is best, for the best user experience?

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,547 Views)

ttt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,520 Views)

Sorry, JG...in the giant pile of crap that accumulated while I was on leave, this message was somehow lost.  Currently, Quick Drop ignores errors that come back from the plugin.  I hadn't planned on changing that any time soon, which would require a plugin to handle its own errors.  But with the 6 plugins I currently ship with LabVIEW, they all ignore their own errors as well, and simply cancel the Undo transaction I've set up if an error occurs during scripting.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,520 Views)

(I thought you may have been away due to the gap in your nuggets which I was eagerly awaiting )

Sorry! I didn't mean to be rude with the 'ttt'.

I thought you might have missed it - as you answered the other thread once you were back, thats all.

Cheers for the answer, thats how I currently do it (with the undo and ignoring errors) -  which is fine, but I wanted to confirm it, as I was asked it by someone.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,520 Views)