RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing array with dynamic size

Hello,

I am having an issue with sending array with dynamic size.

The only solution now would be to initialize very large array and pass it to Create Reader/Writer, or workaround to split data in smaller chunks and sent it one by one.

Where this article states unbounded sequences are available (I am exploring this tool so i might have misunderstood something):

https://www.rti.com/blog/2015/08/26/unbounded-support-for-sequences-and-strings/

What would be the valid way of sending dynamic array? This data bust be sent in request reply manner.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,780 Views)

Hi Pawhan11

Can you be more elaborated about the issue you are having? DDS Toolkit uses by default DDS sequences unless you set the forceArrayMapping option when creating a reader or a Writer using the "Create Advanced <type> reader/writer" VI.

Sequences have a variable number of elements but they are bounded to a maximum. That maximum is the number of elements the arrays of ctl file have as default value when it is used for generating the DDS Toolkit VIs with Complex Type Generator. Have a look at the Getting Started Guide available at "Help"->"RTI DDS Toolkit"->"Open Getting Started Guide" section "Setting Up Sequences" or section "Setting Up Arrays" in case you need information about the arrays. I also recommend you check the examples.

If your issue is that you cannot communicate with another entity that uses unbounded sequences please check the section "Communicating Unbounded Entities".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,767 Views)

All works fine, my issue was that by mistake i set wrong array size when creating reader..

By any chance do You know if there are plans to implement build-in request-reply in LabVIEW api?

https://community.rti.com/kb/how-use-requestreply-communication-pattern-labview-rti-dds-toolkit-labv...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,757 Views)