Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC measurement card

Hi,

I am using PC measurement card MPN: 776703-01 in my current application, but it is becoming obsolete. I am unable to find any replacement looks like I need to change my design so that I can use PCI board and replace this one any suggestions?? 

How should I proceed in changing the design of the board?  

How can I get the support for the schematic of this board and change protocol from ISA to PCI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(633 Views)

According to What driver is needed for a National Instruments model 776703-01 and where can I find it? , the obsolete hardware is Lab-PC+ National Instruments (Multifunction I/O Board for ISA and it supports NI-DAQ

Theoretically, any PCI DAQ can be used instead. See Transition from Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) to NI-DAQmx in LabVIEW for the driver migration.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(600 Views)

The part number is for a Lab-PC+ card and NI stopped making them in 1996. The driver NI-DAQ is also obsolete.

If you are looking for a cost-effective replacement, take a look at NI's USB DAQ devices: Multifunction I/O - NI. The USB devices have specifications that match the Lab-PC+. You will have to rewrite your application code to use the current driver, NI-DAQmx. NI-DAQmx is designed to work with modern operating systems. NI-DAQ was originally developed for MS-DOS. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(586 Views)

Hello there!

Thanks for the reply 

My requirement is to replace the card already being used somewhere 

So I need exact pins and connectors in the board 

Is there any chance of getting same PCB board 

We can change the firmware if required 

Any suggestions ???

or do I need to change the connectors also where the board is used 

Can we use some PCI to ISA bridge

SHAMBU001_0-1710232867227.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(520 Views)

You are not going to be able to get a drop-in replacement for the Lab-PC+ card.

1. NI changed to screened connectors many years ago.

2. The card is ISA bus which was replaced by other buses many years ago, typically PCI.

3. NI will not make any details of the board available. This assumes someone knows where to find them.

4. The driver the card uses (NI-DAQ) was developed for DOS and should not be considered stable on modern OSs.

You can see if a card is available on eBay, but don't pay too much for it, or hope it still works.

The connectors on your test rig will need to be changed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(504 Views)

Hello 

Found some cards in market having MPN :182095-01, 182095C-01, Are these same as my current card having MPN: 776703-01

Can you provide me original datasheet of MPN:776703-01.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(468 Views)

Hello

I am thinking to use PCI DAQ and will use some bridges in the input and output of the connectors which will keep the test rig connectors same 

Is it possible as I see there is some address bus selection scenario in the A1 to A32 Pins in the current ISA board and 50 pin connector at the other end  ???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(461 Views)

You can find all the card details here:

Lab-PC+ National Instruments (Multifunction I/O Board for ISA) | ArtisanTG™

The part numbers are lower-level numbers you referenced are ones NI uses internally. It is the same card.

Artisan has a link to the user manual, which includes the specification and register level programming (this brings back memories).

Take a look at the specification and compare it to the current offerings. You will probably find one of the low-cost USB DAQ devices has a comparable, if not better, specification.

As for the connectors, you need to run tests and make sure the signal is not distorted when you convert from one connector to another. There is a reason NI moved to screened connectors, to reduce noise.

To be candid, you need to replace the LabPC+ card with something that supports current technology and drivers (NI-DAQmx). It was obsolete many years ago. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(450 Views)

Hello Austin

Thank you so much for replying!

I am working on finding the best compatible card for my replacement from PCI DAQ or USB DAQ 

I noted your comment regarding the test for connectors but still first I need to find the suitable connector for PCI DAQ / USB DAQ to the 50 pins connector in my ISA current card. 

Also need to check firmware changes and compatibility.

Please help if you can help in any of above steps.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(441 Views)

Hello there!

Thanks for all your support. 

We have decided to use PCI - 6281 with an integrated adapter (PCI to ISA) 

Will you please suggest if there is schematic support and driver support available for the same? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(275 Views)