USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x410 ethernet interface

I want to use RJ45 cable for connection between PC and x410. 

Is it possible? 

I am struggling with this for a long time. 

I just saw "No uhd devices found" or something, when I type uhd_find_devices. 

Why is it too difficult to use x410?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,511 Views)

The answer is yes, one can control the x410 via a RJ45 cable.
The most likely error source is the network configuration. The x410 by default is using DHCP to request a network IP. The uhd_find_devices will scan the default subset/s defined for your host. If the x410 IP address has an address outside the subsets known to the PC host adapters, then it can't be discovered.

Is the X410 cabled to your host, direct or via a common switch/router?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(1,491 Views)

Thank you for your response!

I changed ip address of X410 to 192.168.1.123/24 using Switch and SSH. 

I modified the eth0 configuration file which is located at /data/network/.

and I set ip address of my host pc as 192.168.1.120  

But I still have the same error

No UHD Devices Found. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,457 Views)

I am doing a same setup. I have connected Linux based PC to X410 via ethernet (without switch) after assigning fixed IP address to X410 via ssh (DHCP based access through switch). Running 'uhd_find_devices' returns device UHD Device 0 with 'reachable = No' as shown in attached picture.

When I do 'uhd_usrp_probe' I get the error that like following

[INFO] [MPMD FIND] Found MPM devices, but none are reachable for a UHD  session. Specify find_all to find all devices.

Error: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->

Empty Device Address

Can someone tell what is the issue here?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,443 Views)

Is the x410 still connected to the host via the Switch or now again directly cabled?

From your host PC, do you get a ping response from the x410 IP address (192.168.1.123)?

If you don't mind, could you share the output of the windows command 'ipconfig' (on the host)?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,377 Views)

From your host PC, do you get a ping response from the configured x410 IP address?

If you don't mind, could you share the output of one of the linux commands 'ifconfig' or 'ip address' (on the host)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,373 Views)

I faced the same problem few days ago and I solve the problem finally. Here is what I have done.

There are two ways of configuring this problem:

1. If you are using the Ubuntu 20.04, make your host pc to setup a DHCP server (this is the hard way)

-> you need to install the isc-dhcp-server and start setting it up.

2. If you are using the personal router, the directly connect the router and X410 on the port below the power port. 

-> Then go to the router admin page to check which ip did the dhcp has allocate. Then use ssh to connect by ssh root@192.168.0.11 (for my dhcp address). you will successfully connect the X410. finally connect the 100GBe cable to the host pc and usrp then for the option put its static ip address and subnet as 255.255.255.0

I hope it helped

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,352 Views)

Hi,

I tried this method but I got the result that connection refused for the ssh. I found that maybe it is because the firewall so I turned it off but still cannot ssh. Have you met this kind of problems?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,039 Views)

Do you have a USB JTAG connection to confirm the ethernet configuration on the USRP?
If so than what is the output of a network interface configuration tool like ifconfig? Would be helpfull to have that output from the USRP (using USB JTAG) and the host.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,036 Views)

Thanks for your advice. Right now I only have the RJ45 connection. I will try the USB JTAG connection. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,033 Views)