VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coercion Dots and Floating-Unconnected Controls Are Undetected (LV 2018 & VIATK 2018)

Greetings,

• Coercion dots (i.e. selected under User Specified -VI Analyzer Test - Test Coercion Dots) don't register as a warning/error.
  • Floating/Unwired controls - not an issue, all well. 

The program catches wire bends but not coercion dots or unwired controls? It doesn't bode well for a toolkit designed to catch the most common of issues.

What am I missing? 

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed, 

Albert 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,126 Views)

You mention a Coercion Dots test under the 'User-Specified' category. That means you've installed your own coercion dots test. The VI Analyzer Toolkit includes the Block Diagram > Performance > Coercion Dots test that you can configure to return a failure for every coercion dot on the diagram.

As for unwired terminals, we used to have a test for this called Connected Pane Terminals, but that test was removed in VI Analyzer Toolkit 2018. More information about that change, and many other changes in the 2018 release, is available here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,100 Views)

Hello Darren,

The test coercion dot was available right out of the box, we didn't install our own test.

Thank you for tip under Block diagram.

We'll look through the 2018 change release link. 

How much better - in terms of features -  is the 2020 version?

Thank you,

Albert   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,091 Views)

The 2019 and 2020 releases included a few minor features and bug fixes, but 2018 was the last release that had a large number of new features. Of course, I always recommend that LabVIEW programmers use the latest released version if they can.

You may want to take a look in your [LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests folder. That's where custom tests go, and it's the only way things would show up under the User-Specified category in the VI Analyzer. Make sure there aren't any stale tests, or tests that conflict with the ones that are part of the VI Analyzer Toolkit (which install into your LabVIEW 20xx folder).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,087 Views)

Also, if you find any gaps in desired functionality, make sure to post your feature requests to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. And of course there is also the option of writing your own VI Analyzer tests. If you decide to go that route, feel free to post any questions on VI Analyzer test writing to this forum. And if you do end up writing your own tests that may be generally useful to other LabVIEW programmers, consider posting them to the VI Analyzer community. Here is a list of all the community VI Analyzer tests that have been written over the years.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,086 Views)

Darren.

Thank you for the prompt, courteous, and informative response.

I'll look into the aforementioned options.

Regards,
Albert 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,065 Views)