VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two workSpace edit questions

I have few workSpace edit questions:

1) any way to copy/paste a chunk of objects?

I have 27 input channels and 171 output channels, with either integer values or boolean values.

It's really boring and time consuming to copy/paste one controller/indicator at a time

2) any way to adjust WorkSpace screen size?

Again, 27 input channels and 171 output channels are really huge to fit in a single screen.

It will work if the controller/indicator is sizeable as well.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,394 Views)

MileP,

What version of Veristand are you using? In Veristand 2010 (I don't have 2009 installed currently to check) you can resize the workspace window just like any other window to adjust it's screen size. You still can copy/paste multiple targets though. That is a feature that R&D is working on but we currently don't have that in 2010. You can only copy/paste one object at a time. The objects can't be resized yet either but you can create a custom control of your own size and then import it into Veristand (once it's in veristand though you won't be able to resize it but hopefully it is the size you wanted). Here is a great article on creating custom controls in Veristand (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11123). 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,381 Views)

Thank you, Grant.

What I meant is that WorkSpace doesn't have rolling function. You can only put objects to fit in the maximum size screen.

Maybe I will try to create custom size objects.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,373 Views)

MileP,

Gotcha....yea there isn't any scrollbars on the workspace. It is definitely different for someone who has spent a lot of time in LabVIEW. I definitely agree though that scrollbars should be a feature that Veristand has. Feel free to submit a product suggestion for NI Veristand (http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm) for scrollbars so that R&D knows that customers want the feature. You can do the same with copying multiple objects as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,366 Views)

There's also the NI VeriStand Execution API to get and set channel values outside of the workspace, and an example for UDP streaming (for charts) in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\examples\NI VeriStand\API\Execution API\UDP Streaming.  So you're not limited to the NI VeriStand workspace for UI.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,362 Views)