Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service expiration and managing VLM

First of all understand that all my users are using disconnected computers; no internet/ethernet connections.  All licenses I create are disconnected.  I have two computers; one for VLM and one for internet and they are disconnected from each other.  My computers cannot be connected to each other.  I'm trying to upgrade my VLM computer to VLM 3.2 and NILM 4.4.  How can I download and install what I need on my VLM computer when my internet computer is disconnected from it?  I cannot use NI Package Manager or VI Package Manager on my internet computer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,467 Views)

Hi Faustina,

In order to download the software on the computer that is not connected to the internet, you can use the offline installer.  You can download the offline installer from ni.com on a computer that is connected to the internet, transfer the files to a USB, then install them on the computer that is disconnected from the internet.

Niki Budgell | Product Planner - SW Management | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,409 Views)

I cannot can not use the downloads from that site because they are executable and I'm not allowed to run an executable on my PC because it is connected to the internet.  Are there ZIP files I can download?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,398 Views)

@faustina wrote:

I cannot can not use the downloads from that site because they are executable and I'm not allowed to run an executable on my PC because it is connected to the internet.  Are there ZIP files I can download?

The Offline Installers are not executables.  They are ISO files.  You can use WinZip or 7-Zip (not sure about the built-in Windows zip capability) to extract them as if they were zip files to then run the installer.

EDIT: After another minute of thought, I don't think you clicked the "Individual Offline Installers" link that is below the "Download" button.  If you click that link, then you will get an option for which version to download.  That download will be the ISO file that contains the image for the full installer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,395 Views)

I tried that.  It just brought me back to the original download page.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,390 Views)

@faustina wrote:

I tried that.  It just brought me back to the original download page.

Did you click "Download" in the overlay or just close it?  When you click "Download" in the overlay, you should start the iso download.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,386 Views)

I tried downloading both the EXE and ISO files from home and it worked.  My conclusion is that my work internet computer is preventing even the ISO download.  I'll have to take this up with my IT people.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,367 Views)