Washington Community Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLUGs Meeting: Web Services in LabVIEW, July 28th, 7-8:30 pm.

Please join us for the next  Seattle LabVIEW Users Group (SLUGs) meeting.  We have a great presentation  planned that you won't want to miss.
What LabVIEW web  services can do for you: An in depth guide to building web services into your  applications and deploying them to your target machines.
Presented by John  Lokanis from F5 Networks.

When: Tuesday, July 28th,  7:00 – 8:30 p.m

Where:

Microvision,  Inc.
Employee Cafeteria - building right behind the building facing the  street.

6222 185th Ave NE Redmond WA,  98052

Presentation:

Topics  covered:
What is a web  service?
How are they  implemented in LabVIEW?
What are some of  the new (and old) things I can do with a web service?
How can I deploy a  web service for my EXE?
Pitfalls of the  8.6 web service implementation (and solutions!)
Discussion of the  ‘NI Web Service Server’ project (available on LAVA).

I have put web  services to work in my applications for almost a year now and our team’s  productivity has more than doubled. We are able to support multiple  manufacturing lines in remote parts of the world (San Jose, CA)  with ease from any machine anywhere.   I will be sharing my experience with  getting a web service up and running and integrated into a LabVIEW executable.   This is include a discussion of my project ‘NI Web Service Server’ available at  the following link:
http://lavag.org/topic/10414-discuss-ni-web-service-server/

Food and drinks will be provided.  Register  by emailing me at jared.mcinelly@ni.com  so that I know how much food to bring.  Thanks.

Feel free to invite anyone  else that might be interested in attending.  Hope to see you all  there!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,739 Views)

These SLUGs meetings are becoming quite popular- we'll have to start looking for a larger facility. If anyone is willing to host these events at your company, please let Jared know at jared.mcinelly@ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,412 Views)