The Show Busy Indicator VI enables you to provide an indication to the user that the system is busy. This functionality is useful if your application performs operations that take more than a few seconds to complete. Run the included example VIs to see how you can implement this functionality in your applications. The Show Busy Indicator VI is a modified version of the TestStand - Show Busy Indicator.vi by National Instruments.
Readme file for Show Busy Indicator VI
The Show Busy Indicator VI manages the Busy Indicator.vi. Use the Show Busy Indicator VI to load, display, hide, and unload the busy indicator. The Show Busy Indicator VI is a modified version of the TestStand - Show Busy Indicator.vi by National Instruments.
When performing long duration operations in your application, you can use the Show Busy Indicator VI to provide an indication to the user that the system is busy.
LabVIEW 2010 or higher
Description of Operation
The Show Busy Indicator VI performs 4 basic steps required to manage the BusyIndicator VI:
- load busy - Loads the Busy Indicator VI into memory
- show busy - Shows the Busy Indicator VI until the hide busy method is invoked
- hide busy - Hides the Busy Indicator VI
- unload busy -Unloads the Busy Indicator VI from memory
Note: The busy indicator will not be displayed if the calling VIs front panel is not the frontmost panel when this VI is called.
Extracting the files
The Show Busy Indicator VI is supplied as a zip archive containing all required items.
Additional information related to the use and operation of the Show BusyIndicator VI may be accessed via:
- Execution of the usage example VIs
- The block diagrams of all included VIs
- The documentation within all included VIs