Setting up the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino is a six step process that you will only need to complete once. Please follow the instructions below to start creating applications with the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino.
(For a brief overview of the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino see Michaels post here).
1. Install LabVIEW
- If you purchased the LabVIEW and Arduino bundle from Sparkfun.com you can install LabVIEW from the included DVD.
- If you do not own a copy of LabVIEW you can download and install the 30 day evaluation version here.
2. Install the NI-VISA drivers.
3. Install JKI VI Package Manager (VIPM) Community Edition (Free).
4. Install the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino as described in KB 5L38JQYG
5. Connect your Arduino to your PC as described in KB 5INA7UYG
6. Load the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Firmware onto your Arduino as described in KB 5LPAQIYG
(We are working to fix the above document. The firmware can be found in <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LVIFA_Base . Use the arduino IDE to deploy this firmware to your Arduino.)
You are now ready to use the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino. Click here to see some examples to help get you started.