Released and orderable for high volume OEM production. To learn more, download the attached factsheet PDF and visit the following pages:
NI Single-Board RIO General Purpose Inverter Controller
• Deployment-ready control and I/O system carefully optimized for high-volume commercial grid-tied power conversion applications
• FPGA-based control system with 58 integrated DSP cores delivers 40x higher performance per dollar than traditional DSPs and silicon gate level (SGL) reconfigurability even after years of field deployment
• High level LabVIEW graphical system design tools and reconfigurable FPGA enable rapid development of advanced control algorithms without requiring any knowledge of Verilog or VHDL
• User defined FPGA control and PWM adaptable to a wide range of single and multi-level power conversion topologies, including DC/AC, DC/DC, AC/AC and AC/DC
• Complete, industry proven LabVIEW tool chain with FPGA I/O drivers, IP libraries and high fidelity power electronics circuit co-simulation tools
• 400 MHz PowerPC processor with VxWorks RTOS for hard real-time floating point processing, networking, and event capture data logging
• Smart grid utility network protocol support (DNP3, IEC 60870, IEC 61850, Modbus, CAN, …) and onboard real-time 3-phase power and IEC 61000-4-7:2002 harmonic spectra analysis
• 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet port with FTP, HTTP, HTTPS and SSL support and SNTP or IEEE1588 time synchronization
• DMA data scope capabilities for high speed waveform capture and automatically triggered event recording
• I/O compatibility with most standard gate drivers and intelligent power modules— Fuji, Infineon (Econodual™), Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Powerex, SEMIKRON (SKiiP 3 and 4), Toshiba, …
With the NI Single-Board RIO GPIC, you can bring grid-tied power electronic systems to market with significantly lower cost and risk. The FPGA-based system is designed to meet the cost, I/O, and performance needs of most high-volume commercial power electronics control applications, including DC-to-AC, AC-to-DC, DC-to-DC, and AC-to-AC converters for smart-grid flexible AC transmission systems (FACTS), renewable energy generation, energy storage, and variable speed drive applications. Learn more...
August 4, 2012: Updated for release specifications.
April 29, 2012: Updated for rev. B specifications. This is the pre-production design specification.
- Number of H-Bridge Digital Outputs increased from 12 to 14.
- Number of LVTTL Digital I/O channels increased from 16 to 32.
- Simultaneous analog inputs are on a different connector than the scanned analog input and the analog output.
- Beta program begins June 26, as gated by the availability of beta NI RIO driver software. Accepting applications now (firstname.lastname@example.org).
February 3, 2012: Functional rev. A GPIC PCBs are in house and undergoing testing and validation by NI R&D.
- All necessary files needed to begin your OEM design are available upon request: photos, 3D CAD drawings, connector pinouts, signal schematics by I/O type, etc.
- updated descriptive bullets in the intro section
- links to the co-simulation design guide and NI SoftMotion vector control IP library
- updated analog input accuracy specifications (including typical accuracy at 25 C)
- updated general purpose digital output continuous current
- updated typical software elements diagram (new information for medium voltage drive and electric vehicle inverter applications)
- metric dimensions on page one physical characteristics section.
NI would like to say thank you to all the customers that have given feedback on the features and specifications for this product development and we all look forward to the release.