Released and orderable for high volume OEM production. To learn more, download the attached factsheet PDF and visit the following pages:
NI Single-Board RIO General Purpose Inverter Controller
- Industry-proven power electronics control and I/O system with complete development toolchain for industrial power conversion
- Carefully designed to meet both technical and price requirements of high-volume OEM equipment design teams
- Compatible with industry standard SEMIKRON intelligent power modules (SKiiP3, SKiiP4, SEMIKUBE SL, ...)
- Reconfigurable System-On-a-Chip (RSOC) technology with 220 DSP cores: 69x higher performance per dollar than traditional DSPs
- Outperform your competition with the same control and I/O budget
- NI embedded technology quadruples the productivity of embedded design teams: 114-person-month average reduction in development cost
- Get your power conversion equipment to market on time with limited resources
- Integrated power electronics co-simulation, mini-scale control development, analysis/validation and real-time HIL simulation tools
- Complete toolchain for professional OEM equipment design teams
- Hundreds of open source power electronics control IP cores and application examples (AFE with 1547, buck-boost, IBDC, VFD, ...)
- Suitable for any converter topology (bi-directional AFE, DC/AC, AC/DC, DC/DC, buck-boost IBDC, back-to-back AC/DC/AC, modular multi-level)
- Reliable performance in high EMC, rugged, wide temperature industrial equipment deployments
- Long-term assurance against obsolescence with NI 15 year hardware life cycle
- Automatic fault logging and remote system management tools
Development Toolchain (follow links to order)
- NI sbRIO-9607 Zynq-7020 General Purpose Inverter Controller Industry Development Kit (academic kit)
- NI LabVIEW HIL and Real-Time Test Suite (LabVIEW Pro, RT, FPGA, CD&Sim, Veristand)
- NI Developer Suite Multisim Circuit Design Option (Multisim/Ultiboard with Co-Simulation)
- Open Source Linux RT Eclipse C/C++ Toolchain for ARM with LabVIEW FPGA Interface API
- OpalRT Electrical High Speed Power Electronics Real-Time HIL Simulator
Open Source IP, Designs and Examples (ni.com/powerdev)
- LabVIEW FPGA open source power electronics IP core and examples library
- NI GPIC Reference Design Code and Online Training Course
With the NI Single-Board RIO GPIC, you can bring grid-tied power electronic systems to market with significantly lower cost and risk. The FPGA-based system is designed to meet the cost, I/O, and performance needs of most high-volume commercial power electronics control applications, including DC-to-AC, AC-to-DC, DC-to-DC, and AC-to-AC converters for smart-grid flexible AC transmission systems (FACTS), renewable energy generation, energy storage, and variable speed drive applications. Learn more...
January 25, 2016: Update for sbRIO-9607 Zynq-7020 GPIC specifications.
August 4, 2012: Updated for release specifications.
April 29, 2012: Updated for rev. B specifications. This is the pre-production design specification.
- Number of H-Bridge Digital Outputs increased from 12 to 14.
- Number of LVTTL Digital I/O channels increased from 16 to 32.
- Simultaneous analog inputs are on a different connector than the scanned analog input and the analog output.
- Beta program begins June 26, as gated by the availability of beta NI RIO driver software. Accepting applications now (firstname.lastname@example.org).
February 3, 2012: Functional rev. A GPIC PCBs are in house and undergoing testing and validation by NI R&D.
- All necessary files needed to begin your OEM design are available upon request: photos, 3D CAD drawings, connector pinouts, signal schematics by I/O type, etc.
December 12, 2011: Development project is now officially kicked off. The updated preliminary datasheet document includes the following changes that match the kick-off specifications:
- updated descriptive bullets in the intro section
- links to the co-simulation design guide and NI SoftMotion vector control IP library
- updated analog input accuracy specifications (including typical accuracy at 25 C)
- updated general purpose digital output continuous current
- updated typical software elements diagram (new information for medium voltage drive and electric vehicle inverter applications)
- metric dimensions on page one physical characteristics section.
NI would like to say thank you to all the customers that have given feedback on the features and specifications for this product development and we all look forward to the release.