Use your mobile device to wirelessly take voltage measurements from a NI cDAQ-9191 chassis with a NI 9215 C Series measurement module. Because this is experimental technology, the factory default cDAQ-9191 does not include support for mobile devices. After upgrading the firmware (see installation instructions below), you can use the NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display app to configure, view, and log measurements on your iOS or Android device, or build your own custom apps using the NI cDAQ-9191 Web API.
- NI cDAQ-9191 chassis with firmware upgrade for mobile device support (see installation instructions below)
- NI 9215 C Series module
- iOS or Android device
NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display App
Available for both iOS and Android, the NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display lets you quickly configure, visualize, and log measurements.
- Choose simulated device to evaluate the app without actual hardware
- Automatically discover devices on your local subnet
- Configure the number of samples, sampling rate, and channels to acquire
- Acquire continuously or a finite number of samples
- Pinch the graph to zoom in on a signal
- Email an image of the graph and data in a .CSV file
Download for Android
Installation & Usage Instructions
Refer to the NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display User Manual for iOS or User Manual for Android for detailed instructions on upgrading the chassis firmware, configuring the wireless network, and connecting to the device.
NI cDAQ-9191 Web API
The firmware upgrade also exposes a Web API that you can use to program custom apps that connect to a cDAQ-9191. The API includes functions for configuring and running measurement tasks. Documentation and example code is also available for performing finite measurements, continuous measurements, and discovering networked devices.
Feedback & Support
This is experimental technology and we are very interested in your feedback. Please use the NI cDAQ-9191 Mobile Device Feedback and Support Discussion Thread to post any questions, comments, bug reports, or other relevant information.