I need help on this, i am trying to setup the the rectangle target processing example on the crio with a M1011 axis but i keep on getting this error: Operation failed due to communication failure when trying,
I have enabled the anonymous login on the Axis but it did not help. Can i have help?
How do you have the camera connected to the cRIO? Do you get images on the dashboard when you are running the default robot code? Where do you see that error -when deploying code or when running in the diagnostics page?
The error you described is what I get when I run the Rectangular Target Processing VI targeted to the computer without the camera connected or with the improper IP address specified for the camera. Can you confirm that you get the error when running this VI (the one targeted to the computer and not the one targeted to the cRIO). If so I think that the camera IP address is not set to what you are specifying on the front panel of the VI. Did you run the setup axis camera tool and select that it is being used for the Robot Radio and not the second cRIO ethernet port?
If you are not getting images on the Dashboard then there is no communication. They come up automatically when the camera is running. The Dashboard has a copy Get MJPG and allows 30 fps streaming directly to the Dashboard via a UDP channel.
1) Are the lights areound the Camera lens Green and on continuously (no blinking and no orange lights)?
2) Did you run the Axis camera setup utility after you confirmed that the camera works directly coupled to the PC in a web browser?
3) To connect to the PC directly the camera uses the default IP 192.168.0.90 and the setup utility confirms this and changes the IP to 10.te.am.11
4) To connect to the PC directly you needed a cross-over cable but you do not want to use that when connecting to the radio. You need a normal network cable.
5) Did you enter your team code into the Driver Station?
6) Make certain that your camera is NOT grounded to the cRIO.