NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIT ARINC 429 Add-On Feedback

Welcome to the AIT ARINC 429 add-on feedback forum. Please use this forum to provide feedback or ask questions.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 193
(52,777 Views)

How much of this would be re-usable for the AIT MIL-STD-1553 code? I'm still looking into them currently and haven't dug into the code for this device yet. But I am just curious whether I should even try to research this in order to port it, or if I would be better off starting from scratch with the 1553?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Great question.

It is absolutely reusable. Obviously the driver calls would need to be replaced with the 1553 driver calls... but the overall architecture would be reused. A lot of the system explorer would need to be changed... (since it is primarly GUI) but the engine portion could be reused a lot. I certainly recommend starting from here instead of starting from scratch.

There has been some interest from customers for a 1553 add-on... but not enough ($$$) to warrant me creating it yet... so it just hasn't happened. Please let me know if you begin work on this... so I could contact you and possibly work out an agreement for the source if it is reusable enough. Conversely... I will post here if I begin work on a 1553 add on (however I don't currently have plans to do this).

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Hi,

We are using the AIT ARINC 429 custom device.

On a same ARINC channel we can have different messages with the same label and with a different SDI. For the output, in the bus configuration file we have declared 2 labels and we are able in VeriStand to differentiate the parameters associated to each message :

<TxScheduledLabel name="L242_1" transferPeriod="120">
            <wordBuffer_SDI label="A2" sdi="1">
                <data21>180000</data21>
            </wordBuffer_SDI>
        </TxScheduledLabel>
        <TxScheduledLabel name="L242_2" transferPeriod="120">
            <wordBuffer_SDI label="A2" sdi="2">
                <data21>180000</data21>
            </wordBuffer_SDI>
        </TxScheduledLabel>

Our problem is with the input : how can we declare 2 different messages with the same label ? We have tried to use the bufferSdi property but in this case the entrie is ignored by the custom device :

<label labelId="06" name="L006">
                <bufferSdi sdi="3" depth="1" />
            </label>

Does the custom device support this functionnality (2 messages with the same label and a different sdi) ?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Unfortunatley, the inputs are sorted by label only. so you cannot add multiple items to the system explorer with the same label #.

To work around this, you can add the label to the system explorer (with the XML file database), and then make sure to add channels for the bits of the SDI. Either by selecting just the SDI bits as a single channel, channels for every bit, or a single channel for the entire word. Just make sure the SDI information is arriving in a channel somehow.

Then, in your application (however you are monitoring it... workspace, model, other hardware, etc), detect the SDI as needed and take whatever action you need to.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

We have already added the SDI as a channel but this workaround doesn't answer to our need.

In fact in the same cycle we can receive two times the same label with a different sdi and the second message replace the first one in the buffer. We could play with the buffer depth but I don't know this depth is managed in the Custom Device.

I am looking too to explanation about the AIT board / driver. With the AIM board / driver we had a programming guide.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 193
(10,365 Views)

You could run your reads twice as fast as needed

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 193
(10,365 Views)

A future version of the ARINC 429 driver from AIT supports this. You can set up different buffers per label if they have different SDI. So your XML looks like this:

Untitled.png

However, the custom device would need to be modified to support this functionality. How urgently do you need this?

Stephen B
Message 8 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Hi

I am installed the AIT ARINC 429 and downloaded the AIT_429_v1.4

Do you have a tutorial to use this device into Veristand?

Thank you

Anderson M. Takemoto
Instituto de Pesquisas Eldorado

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 193
(10,365 Views)

Hi

Does the custom device support the AIT ARINC Discrete I/O channels? 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 193
(10,365 Views)