Skip navigation

Community

1754 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 1:38 PM by Claire_Reid RSS Branched from an earlier discussion.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 29, 2012 1:38 PM

[Issue Resolved 3/29/2012] Redirected to Community Home when logging in

False hopes, probably browser specific.  I just had to go through the usual start logged in, click and get logged out, log in and bounce to the home page, the come back here.  This is on my iPhone.

• TroyK Calculating status...

Doh! Same on my Android, thrown back to home page after login. Works in Firefox (3.6.24) though.

Sorry for the false hopes.

• Yup, still all broken.

• Came here from the e-mail link
    • shown as logged in
    • refreshed the page, still shown as logged in
    • went to the first page of the thread
    • no longer shown as logged in
    • logged in
    • now I am in the forum home page instead of the discussion I was just reading

Until these annoyances are fixed, participation here is difficult.

• Currently Being Moderated
    4. Feb 23, 2012 6:27 PM (in response to Darin.K)
    Re: Redirected to Community Home when logging in

Hi Everyone.

Please do not feel that you need to do this, but if you are interested in helping us narrow down this issue, please try the following:

Make sure you are logged out when visiting these three pages: ni.com, forums.ni.com, https://decibel.ni.com/content/index.jspa. Next, clear your NI cookies using this URL. Close the browser.

After doing this, click on a link from your emails that directs you to the community. You should not be logged in. Login from that page: (please make note of which login/register button you pressed- and let us know).

Are you taken back to the community homepage?

Whether you answered yes or no, what browser and browser version are you using?

Regards.

Claire

• TroyK Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    5. Feb 23, 2012 7:13 PM (in response to Claire_Reid)
    Make sure you are logged out when visiting these three pages: ni.com, forums.ni.com, https://decibel.ni.com/content/index.jspa. Next, clear your NI cookies using this URL. Close the browser.

Done!

After doing this, click on a link from your emails that directs you to the community. You should not be logged in. Login from that page: (please make note of which login/register button you pressed- and let us know).

Done! Yes, I was not logged in. I logged in using the 'login' link up the top of the page.

Are you taken back to the community homepage?

Yes.

what browser and browser version are you using?

Same as the one that worked yesterday! Firefox 3.6.24

PS. I don't seem to be getting notifications about comments added to this discussion even though the 'Actions' section indicates I am receiving them. It gives me the option to 'stop receiving them'.

I have noticed this before. If I do want to stop receiving notifications to some annoying discussion, I have to click 'receive email notifications' and then switch it off again. (Sorry, should this be in some other thread?)

• Currently Being Moderated
    6. Mar 29, 2012 1:38 PM (in response to Darin.K)

We have successfully implemented a configuration change on the NI Community and have verified that users can successfully log out of the NI Community, as well as log-in and be properly redirected to the page initially being viewed.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues with Login and Logout.

Thank you for your assistance and patience while troubleshooting this issue.

Regards

Claire Reid

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points