From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Software Defined Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NI-USRP / LabVIEW examples would you like to see posted?

Please reply to this post with a description of the examples that you would like to see for the NI USRP and LabVIEW.

Sam Shearman
Comments
sshearman
on
  • Transmit / Receive Video between a pair of USRPs.
Sam Shearman
paulosteven
on

Transmit / Receive Video between a pair of USRPs

YYYs
on

It would be better to send a file in general between a pair of USRPs. This could be a video, mp3 or anything else.

YYYs
on

I would love to see an example based on the packet-based link example. Where after every package the carrier frequency is change. This frequency hopping is used in bluetooth. The problem is that the niUSRP Configure Signal.vi is not allowed inside loops.

sshearman
on

Thanks for the suggestion. The niUSRP Configure Signal.vi can actually be used inside a loop--you just can't call it when a continuous acquisition is active. You can, for instance, call it to set a new carrier frequency / etc. after halting a continuous acquisition or completing a finite acquisition.

Either way, I think an example is a good idea to show how this can be done.

Sam Shearman
psisterhen
NI Employee (retired)
on

Begining with NI-USRP 1.1 (releasing this month) you will be able to use Configure Signal VI while the device is generating or acquiring (i.e. in your acquisition loop), as long as you don't change the IQ Rate.  Carrier Frequency, Gain, and Active Antenna will all be reconfigurable while the device is running.

YYYs
on

These are some great news. Can't wait for the usrp 1.1.

psisterhen
NI Employee (retired)
on
youngmin
on

Hi sshearman,

This is YoungMin from NI Korea.

I would like to see an example of OFDM siganl generation and decoding as many of my customers want to realize OFDM based applications for teaching, research as well.

Can you provide OFDM generation code with 3~5 subcarriers and users can change subcarriers modulation scheme such like that?

And I think phase coherence compensation code is also necessary for those who want to realize MIMO system.

Thanks!

jcarlosvgr
on

hi sshearman, YYY, et all,

related to frequency hopping, it´s possible in continuous rx but you have to stop reconfigure and start and of corse this will cost time. You can find an example of an application working in http://sine.ni.com/cs/app/doc/p/id/cs-14513

for help plese email: jcarlosvgr@av.it.pt

NeoGHOST1
on

How can I synchronize transmitting and reception of 2 USRP by MIMO cable?

I want to begin transmission and reception at the same time.

Something like Vector Network Analyzer - synchronized input and output, both first transmitted and first received sample at the same time.

THX

Jimbojr69
on

Hi, I´m new with the USRP 2920 and I need some explanation please about Lab3:synchronization, because I have an error with MIMO link, but I don´t want use MIMO because I have only 2 transceivers, the question is  How can I synchronize transmitting and reception of 2 USRP without MIMO cable?

ErikL
NI Employee (retired)
on

Please post all LabVIEW + USRP technical support requests here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/bd-p/500

(These forums are monitored by NI RF Support Engineers)

JJYang
on

Spectrum Monitoring and Signal Detection with NI USRP

rockey11
on

802.15.4 transreciver

Anthony_F
NI Employee (retired)
on

JJYang wrote:

Spectrum Monitoring and Signal Detection with NI USRP

Have you checked out this one:

Automatic Modulation Classification using Cyclic Feature Detection

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-23284

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
mishrashirish
on

OFDM of QAM generated signal with niUSRP

josephkirmani
on

Hi sshearman,

I am looking for an example On-Off Keying modulation TX and RX VIs for USRP. I have not found any example related to it. I would really appreciate if you or someone else post them.

Thanks

JK

Anthony_F
NI Employee (retired)
on

mishrashirish wrote:

OFDM of QAM generated signal with niUSRP

Hello mishrashirish,

A new example has been added to the code sharing community. It is an continuous OFDM TX and RX program. QAM modulation is supported and the symbol map can be modified by unbundling MT Generate QAM VI system parameters output.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
josephkirmani
on

Hi sshearman,

I am looking for an example Manchester Encoding TX and RX VIs for USRP. I have not found any example related to it. I would really appreciate if you or someone else post them.

Thanks

JK

mochen
on

Would you provide an example such as communication between two USRPs using FDD or TDD?Because I think it will be very helpful for us.I am not familiar with the method the USRP use to control the transmmiting and receiving time.Thank you.

ErikL
NI Employee (retired)
on

Try this ALOHA MAC - TDD example.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/500/1230/1/ALOHA%20MAC.zip

Regards,

Erik

mochen
on

I run the main.vi.But it told me that the '"IMAQ Flatten image to String" does not exsist.Are there something that I need to install before I run this project?Thak you.

mardiah
on

Hi,

can you provide an example of relay (tx and rx where relay are the bridge for that tx and rx) for mimo OFDM?

LauraVdV
on

Hi,

Could you please provide a VI using 8 bits quantization level instead of 16 ?

Best regards,

Laura.

Anthony_F
NI Employee (retired)
on

If you check inside the folder

Start Menu -> All Programs -> National Instruments -> NI-USRP -> Examples -> LabVIEW

it will open a folder with many examples. Find the one named

niUSRP EX Rx Customize Fetch Type and Sample Width.VI for a reference program using 8-bit mode.

LauraVdV wrote:

Hi,

Could you please provide a VI using 8 bits quantization level instead of 16 ?

Best regards,

Laura.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
josephkirmani
on

Hi sshearman,

I am looking for an example VI implementing IEEE standard 802.15.7

http://standards.ieee.org/findstds/standard/802.15.7-2011.html

Thanks

JK

medo70
on

Hi sshearman,

I would like to have a QpSK  TX/RX design that at 2.4 ghz please if you have such a design send it to me

I'm mahmood adel from Iraq working on Ettus N210

best egards

TIGRE_FELIN
on

Hi, 

Are you find why implement 802.15.7 in Labview ? 

Tank, 

art_
on

We're using the 2944R's. For those of us who do the bulk of our dsp on the fpga (for throughput & latency,) a simple repeater would sure be a nice example. It would give us something to build on. The Simple Streaming example is better suited to host side dsp. And flattening it has not been easy.

Contributors