FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 or 8 FRC 2013 install on personal laptops launchs LabVIEW 2012 but will not auto launch FRC 2013

DVD install on CTL laptops works fine. And DVD install on old personal XP desktop installs correctly and will auto launch FRC 2013 when LabView 2012 in launched. However when we install the 2013 FRC software install DVD on personal laptops with Windows 7 or Windows 8, add the three required updates, activate, and launch NI/LabVIEW 2012 it will not auto launch to FRC 2013 screen. It has a popup saying something about updating to 2012 LabVIEW???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,002 Views)

Hi gto70ski,

In the Windows 7 and Windows 8 installations, make sure that you restart your computer after finishing the updates (the Driver Station update). If you are still seeing the regular gray Geting Started screen, go to Tools >> Choose Environment >> select LabVIEW for FRC option. Let me know if this helps.

Aldo

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,134 Views)

Aldo,

On the personal laptops, we get the gray LabVIEW 2012 getting started screen with Create Project on the left side and Open Existing on the right side with no Tools pull down option for Choose Environment???

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,134 Views)

On disk, take a look in the LabVIEW folder for resource\modes\FRC.  This FRC folder should have a GSW folder within.  If the FRC folder doesn't even exist, I would think the LabVIEW FRC Update was not installed.  If this folder with GSW contents does exist, it might be a licensing issue.  Did you enter the SN when you installed?

Message 4 of 6
(3,134 Views)

Doug,

Success!! FRC folder didn't exist, so I went back through updates 1) LabVIEW 5.10 2) Driver Station and 3) Utilities in that order 4) Activation Check again and it now comes up correctly.

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,134 Views)