FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying code after start-up

I am a new programmer of this year and i haven't experienced Labview much. I have succeeded to run code as start-up, so the robot moves. However, i am having trouble deploying code after that.

Whenever i try to deploy code to cRIO, it said that the code is for start-up, and if i try to continue, it says that it's not able to deploy code to robot.

When i re-imaged cRIO, i made it to be runcode at start-up. we can still connect to the driver station. it's just deploying code that i'm having trouble with.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,802 Views)

Hi Clanade,

If there is an RTEXE deployed to the controller and you try to re-deploy again, LabVIEW will prompt you with a message similar to the very first screenshot in this tutorial http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A82CEF3FDC14DCA68625712500009649.

This is expected because it is simply telling you that it will have to stop the current application on the cRIO to deploy the new one.

In addition, make sure that the FRC Dashboard is closed when re-deploying your RTEXE. There is a known bug which causes LabVIEW to hang if the FRC Dashboard is open while trying to redeploy your application.

Let me know if you are still having problems. Post screenshots of the error messages if they still keep coming up. Thanks!

- Aldo

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,707 Views)

Also if you haven't installed the LabVIEW 5.1 update (released at the end of last week) you will need to close the dashboard before deploying a second time after deploying a start up exe.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,707 Views)

Hi Aldo,

First, I am so sorry for not responding back at you quickly due to the  vacation that i had, So i am sorry about that. I just saw your answer.

Our team's situation is really similar, but it says that labview's incabable to resolve the problem.

Also, i can't find the 'Display autodeploy variable' when i right click the RT CompactRIO Target, and i do not know how to do other options.

I really really appreciate your help and sorry for not respond to you at right time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,707 Views)

Hi Kevinl,

I am so sorry for you too for the same reason i'm sorry for Aldo, I haven't been around.

I haven't been able to download the updates for a while. The program that notices updates doesn't notice me or allow me to open it up to download the updates.

Is there any way that i can download the updates manually.

I really really appreciate your help too and again, i'm sorry for not responding you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,707 Views)

The update is availible here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2261

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,707 Views)

Hi Clande,

Could you post a screenshot of the message you are getting when re-deploying? As Kevin and sciencewhiz stated, install the update which should address that particular behavior. Let me know what are the results.

- Aldo

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,707 Views)

Hi, sciencewhiz and Aldo,

I have downloaded the updates, but i'm still having trouble with deploying code. Thanks for giving me address sciencewhiz.

And this is what i'm getting when i try deploy code

Aldo.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,707 Views)

At the bottom of this dialog, you should be able to click OK.  Notice the message is just letting you know that there are VIs currently on the target (most likely last year's robot code).  They will be closed and replaced with what you are about to download.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,707 Views)