From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino uno stepper motor control

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of arduino. I am now using labview to control the stepper motor via arduino uno, with arduino labview interface.

I read the example of stepper motor.

My goal is to make the motor rotate back and forth several times automatically. ( say, 100 steps clockwise followed by 100 steps counterclockwise then 100 steps clockwise). I am new to Labview and arduino, could you give me some hint or show me some example VI?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,654 Views)

There is a stepper motor example in example finder (Help>>Find Examples then search for Arduino).  The same example should also be on the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Palette.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

Message 2 of 6
(3,330 Views)

Dear Sammy, in the help example, there is an example for stepper

But the problem is with the LIFA.

how can i edit it sir

I am having problem with this issue.

is there a solution

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,330 Views)

Dear jiangyihanin1990

for your interface right, how did u do the LIFA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,330 Views)

Hi

I did it last year as a project and this is a simple way of doing it.

1.Download the VI Package Manager (Install LabView Interface for Arduino )

2.LabVIEW Tools Network

3.LVIFA_Base_project

4.LabView  (Help>>Find Examples then search for Arduino then choose Stepper motor)

On the example Labview stepper motor you will find out that pin 2 is for direction and pin 3 for step , use the sparkfun easy driver for the bipolar stepper motor.

Message 5 of 6
(3,330 Views)

Hello sir

yeah i already download the labview interfae everything . i also have the example for the stepper motor

i will attach the photo of my circuit.

i did the coding in arduino apart.

but not in the LIFA

how did u do urs.. which LIFA did u upload.

actually i want to like just give a number of steps and the motor will rotate according to that position10149976_10202646553678541_1050538204_n.jpg

this is the circuit of the driver with the motor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,330 Views)