Webcast Wednesday Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcast Wednesday Contest # 6

Question) Taking inspiration from the VI attached, make a media player application - like Windows Media Player. The focus should be on the GUI and not as much on the media playing part of the application.

You may include the following features:

• Runtime Menu
  • Pop up tool bars (Using LAVA UI tools)

Please note that, to run the above VI, you will need to install VI Package Manager first and then using VI Package Manager, you need to install LAVA UI Tools. You can download VI Package Manager from the following link http://jki.net/vipm/download

Attach VIs and other files in your answer by clicking on the Advanced/Full Editor mode in your comment window while you are typing the comment.

Leave your answers as comments below by clicking on Reply

321ylper.JPG

You will need to be logged-in to do so. Click here to sign-in/sign-up.

Rules & Guidelines

• Post your answers as comments on this thread.
  • The participant answering all the questions correctly and in the shortest time will be the winner. In case of VI or code as answers, the participant will also be judged on the basis of the efficiency of the VI/code.
  • The deadline for answer submission is next Monday. Entries made after Monday will not be accepted.
  • Entries made after the deadline will not be accepted.
  • The winner will be announced in the next session of Webcast Wednesday and on this thread, with further information & next steps.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(10,815 Views)

Hi check this VI, This was the vi I was talking about how to bring the selected controls are indicators to front while it is selected. I`m getting an error message that VI is not in Edit mode. Even though I made the edit mode to be true.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,980 Views)

When I install LAVA I`m getting an this is not applicable for the os or the LabVIEW software version which you use. I`m using windows 7 with LabVIEW2012.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Hi Ganesh,

I am also using LabVIEW 2012 on Windows 7. It is working perfectly on my system.

Are you installing it using VI Package Manager. I strongly recommend you to install any add on using VI Package Manager.

If you are using VI Package manager, are you searching for the right add on?

Regards

Raviteja

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Yeah got it solved there was an dependency missing now resolved it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,980 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2011 so this VI couldn't open in it..

Could it be possible to convert it into some older version?

Also, I installed VI package manager 2013 from the given link. It is also not supported with this version?

Any solution or I have to purchase and install 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Hi All,

Attached is the LV 2011 version of the code.

Also, I have tried installing the LAVA UI Tools Add-On to LabVIEW 2011. It does work.

@ Esamuddin, Where does the incompatibility message exactly throw up?

Regards

Raviteja

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Actually this is VIPM activation problem. I contacted from JKI customer service and waiting for their response.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Hi friends,

Here is my updated windows media player.

1. Download the rar file.

2. Extract the file.

3. Open the "Windows media player.vi" it will run when it opens.

4. Move the mouse accross the screen as showm in GUI.

5. Vary the equalizer and obseve the colour change.

6. Vary the volume and observe the colour change.

7. Select the menu and select the open file a window opens. But sorry you cant select any of your fileso close it.

8. Select about to have the information on the player.

Hope I`ve improved from my previous submit.

I`m preparing for my CLD so kindly update on the do`s and don`s of my file.

Don`t use subpannel.vi and untitled2.vi that was an trial vi`s which i was working on

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,980 Views)

Hi,

Instructions to be followed

1) Hover mouse over the label at the corner, to show the controls.

2) Albums window has few options

a) hover mouse over the album art in album window, the corresponding album will appear below now playing.

b) Now, Click the album art below "now playing field", album art will drop down allowing user to see list of songs.

c) Whatever song is selected from the list, the corresponding song will be shown in the now playing.

d) To change the album follow the point a(it will list out songs under the album automatically)

Note: the above functionality is applicable to first two albums(Can be extended to other albums too, requires time).

3) Equalizier window has a button to Disable and enable button to enable and disable equalizier, and also presets.

4) Runtime menu has tools menu, if clicked theme submenu will appear, select paticular theme to change the color scheme.

Thanks

Arib Pathan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,980 Views)