NIYANTRA Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Group I] NIYANTRA 2013:Ask Your Mentor

This is the team-mentor interaction space for all the NIYANTRA 2013 teams belonging to Group I. If your team belongs to this group,this is the place you should be interacting with your mentors.

Make Sure You Read this Document Carefully Before Starting.

This group is being mentored by Mr Pradeep Hegde & Mr Sendil Kumar S (Electrono Solutions)

Click here for the Group Allocation List

Message 1 of 19
(13,538 Views)

Sir,

I have required 12 Digital Bidirectional I/O and 1 analog input which model of NI DAQ will suiable? I also have required a Level(may be water,salphuric acid etc) Sensor(Digital Type i.e when level will full the output should be 5 Volt else 0 volt or viseversa). Is this type of level sensor are available? I have designed my Labview layout.

Now I want to know about hardware loaning. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Hai

1. I have required 12 Digital Bidirectional I/O and 1 analog input which model of NI DAQ will suiable?

Ans: As you require a 12 D I/O and 1 analog I/P you can go for NI USB 6008 refer the link below for more detail

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201986

2. I also have required a Level(may be water,salphuric acid etc) Sensor(Digital Type i.e when level will full the output should be 5 Volt else 0 volt or viseversa). Is this type of level sensor are available?

Ans: Simple way of sensing the level is by using the IR sensors and also you can use ultrasonic sensor,Pressure sensors for the same. I want more clarity on type of liquid because above mentioned sensors may not work with all type of liquids.

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Thank you lot.. My project is " Liquid Sample Physical Properties Detector" so the sample liquid may be any type of liquid. I want to design such a way if the sample reaches the maximum level of tank after that filling tank the sample will pass through a bypass pipe and tank filling pipe line will blocked by solenoid valve.. Can I use a variable resistor to change the sensitivity of LDR or IR? Will the sensor setup(given as file) work fine for water or clear type liquid?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Sir,

I am doing project under the title "ReXo(Rewalk-Exoskeleton)". I have doubt in interfacing the Bluetooth module with CompactRIO. So how to transmit

input values from bluetooth module to compactRIO?

Looking forward for the reply.

Abstract is attached along with this post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Hello,

1.Can I use a variable resistor to change the sensitivity of LDR or IR?

Ans:You can use the variable resistor for changing the sensitivity of the LDR or IR first check the resistance value of LDR or IR in dark and check the resistance value in light then decide the variable resistor value.

2.Will the sensor setup(given as file) work fine for water or clear type liquid?

Ans: I am not sure because  you have to take care of two things you have to use transparant tank to avoide sensors touching the sample when it reaches set point and second one is check the voltage when sample is in between light and LDR and repeat the same without sample.

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Hello Dina,

After going through the Abstract i will suggest to use the WiFI router instead of bluetooth module which is easy to interface to CRIO lan port via LAN cable.

Is there any particular reason to chose bluetooth module? If you already have bluetooth module let me know the details of the same.

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Thank you very much sir.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Hello Sir,

I am working on a project titled Computerized Anesthesia Infusion System. The abstract has been attached. Right now we are using an Atmega 328 chip and most of the processing is done on the controller. The controller is interfaced to LabVIEW using visa. We are not sure whether to use the DAQ's or to stick with Visa??? By when can we expect the actual hardware be given to us? Also if the DAQ's are loaned then

NI USB-6211  is enough. YOUR Views??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(6,762 Views)

Hi Sir,

I have a slight change in the abstract which i forgot to mention instead of joystick we planned to use android mobile phone(using application) to control the motors.

These are following problems which i face:

• I need to send the value via bluetooth/zigbee to NI 9870 RS232 serial module, as i am having bluetooth module with arduino(mega ADK board) and i also having Zigbee shield.
  • The bluetooth module which i am using is Bluetooth Modem - BlueSMiRF Gold. So can i use any one of these alternatives which can interfaced with NI CompactRIO 9075?

This is the link which has the specification of the bluetooth module : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10268

Message was edited by: Dina1990

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(6,762 Views)