From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx-again

Hello,

I am trying to install DAQmx with the Labview 2011. First, I have installed DAQmx Base and it run, somewhat. However, it had a minor issue: I could not browse the channels and had to specify theem manually.

Since DAQmx is , presumably, has more options, I uninstalled Base and installed DAQmx, taking into the account all the relevant posts I  found here. At the end, I was able to see all the panels  under the "Measurements I/O->DAQmx-DataAcquisition". I did not recompile the kernel and I just hope I have the right stack size.

At the end, onli Digital Output (INPut?) and  Pulse train generator seems to be working. Other programs (AI, AO, Event Counter) show the two errors:

FIRST: Error -2147220733 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:1

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-2147220733) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x80040303).

SECOND: Error -50150 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (CI-Count Edges).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

NI Platform Services:  The software has entered an unknown state - usually as a result of a cascade failure induced by an unexpected series of state inputs. The operation could not be completed as specified and you should immediately terminate all further transactions if you are able to do so.

Based on my search, it looks like that  Windows users  with the same issue can fix  this by upgrading to DAQmx 8.1, but the highst I have is 8.0.2

Here is other relevant information:

KERNEL:  2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.i686

PCI:

04:02.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: National Instruments PCI-MIO-16E-4

Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-

Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-

Latency: 16, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes

Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 18

Region 0: Memory at fe6fe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Region 1: Memory at fe6ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

Kernel driver in use: nidaqmx_nidaq2

SYSTEM:

Centos 6.4

3.3 Gb

NIKAL: nikali-2.3.0-f0

(BTW, I was not able to install 2.3.1, the installer gives me an error:

Unpacking install files to /tmp/nikal-2.3.1f0.install...

/tmp/nikal-2.3.1f0.install/bin/installerUtility.sh: line 220: return: -1: invalid option

return: usage: return

Please help&/|advise

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,149 Views)

I recall hitting that return -1 bug at some point. return is only supposed to return an unsigned integer from 1-255, hence the error (I think maybe it can return negative integers in ksh or something?) -- I wound up altering the bin/installerUtility.sh script to return 0 instead and it seemed to work alright for me. It doesn't seem like this is your major problem though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,829 Views)