From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting time on cRIO

When I browse through the files on the cRIO via FTP, I see the time and date of the files seem off. Is there any way to set the time/date on the cRIO to the the timestamps on the file system will be correct?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(16,597 Views)

Hi Sciencewhiz

In Measurement and Automation Explorer you have access to change the time zone for your remote target, the clock on the cRIO itself can be set using a VI deployed on the target. You can access the controllers date and time using the RT Set Date and Time VI located under the Real-Time Utilities Vis palette.

Thank You

Eric Reid

Applications Engineer

Thank You
Eric Reid
National Instruments
Motion R&D
Message 2 of 7
(4,870 Views)

Where do you find the Real-Time Utilities Vis palette on Measurement and Automation Explorer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,870 Views)

Hi Dhomfray,

All VI palettes, including the Real-Time Utilities, are located in the functions palette in LabVIEW. There are no VIs or palettes in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX), as it is just a configuration tool.

Good luck this season!

Andy H.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Andy H.
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(4,870 Views)

do i just run the vi, or do i need to incorporate it in to the project?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,870 Views)

I have opened up Real-Time Utilities Vis palette but there is no RT Set Data and Time VI in there? I am using LV 10.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,870 Views)

Hi Dhomfray,

Is the VI you're working on in the RT context or the Windows context. Depending on which target theVI is going to be used in, the palette will change what is available for use. You can check the context of the VI in one of two ways:

1) Check the bottom left corner of the VI and it should say someting like Project/RT CompactRIO target or Project/My Computer.

2) Looking in your project, is the VI listed under My Computer or an RT target?

If the VI is targetted to be used on an RT system, the RT Utilities palette should look something like this and the RT Set Date and Time VI should be the first one in there:

RT_Date_and_Time.png

~Olivia

LV R&D

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,870 Views)