LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView doesn't find the Arduino port in INIT

Hi,

I am a begginer in labview and in using an Arduino board, and I want to make an UI for Arduino thanks to Labview.

The problem is : Labview doesn't find the port where the Arduino (uno) is connected, as these pictures show.

pb_refresh.jpg

I tried some things, first to upload LIFA_base.ino supplied with Labview 2013, it doesn't work. Then I download to my computer LVIFA_Base.pde and upload it to the board, it doesn't work again...

Another thing to say, the board is recognized by the Arduino IDE :

pb_com3.jpg

And I had succesfully make run a simple programm in the board (just sending a signal to the output pin). I don't have an error message....

Has someone the solution at this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,646 Views)

Hey lukronos,

LIFA has been replaced with LINX, so I suggest you use LINX instead.  Please follow the getting started instructions linked from here.

Please make sure you install NI-VISA with NI-Serial support when following those instructions.

If you are still having trouble please post in the LINX forums.

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

Message 2 of 5
(4,260 Views)

Thank you for your answer Sammy_K, I had forgotten another thing : to install NI-visa... but as I said, I am a begginner

It works perfectly now with the exemple supplied by LINX!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,260 Views)

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you got it to work.  If you have any questions about LINX or want to show us what you're working on feel free to post in the LINX forums

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,260 Views)

Hey I have the same problem and I tryed to follow up to the instruction from your link, but that link is no longer available.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,260 Views)