LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Hide Front Panel Alignment Grid Programmatically

Does anyone know how to toggle the visibility of the Front Panel alignment grid programmatically?

There have been a few discussions/ideas on this topic but it seems that although there is not a direct property or invoke node to do this, we have access to LabVIEW's global data for an application instance.

Here's what I've found so far...

The token in the LabVIEW.ini file to turn off the front panel grid is "SnapGridSnapsOnFrontPanel=False" & "SnapGridShowsOnFrontPanel=False", this only initializes an application instance global variable when LabVIEW starts, after which this global is managed internally in LabVIEW.

There are hidden invoke & property nodes to Get/Set global data within the application instance, two commonly used methods are "App:GlobalData:Set" and "App:Tag:Set"

This is more a question for the LabVIEW guru's:

What is the name of the global variable to show/hide the front panel alignment grid? (same as going to "Options... > Front Panel > Show front panel grid")

Is it possible to set this variable programmatically using the hidden methods?

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 1 of 5
(7,361 Views)

I never built a way to do that when I built the grid. There is no way to do it that I know of. That variable is not part of the tag data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,481 Views)

Is there a method that would reload the LabVIEW.ini settings into LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,481 Views)

There are ways to shut down LabVIEW and have it relaunch, but other than that, no.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,481 Views)

Thanks for the reply, we'll just have to wait for this feature.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,481 Views)