Chicago LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLUG Coding Challenge

Here are links to the Challenges, these will be presented by users at the 4th quarter User Group meeting

Use whatever Architecture you like

Work solely or in a group

This is for other users to see your coding style and techniques they may not be aware of.

Feel free to post questuions or comments as you create your project

ATM:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35718

and Optionally the Carwash

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35719

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,576 Views)

In the ATM document, why does the document talk about  user input and the timeout (italics below), when the withdrawal amount is fixed?

David

Fast Cash $50:  This is similar to the withdraw function, but with a pre-defined withdraw amount of $50. Upon pressing the FAST CASH $50, the software shall verify that the account holder has $50 withdraw in their account (ACCOUNTS.TXT file).  If the amount exists, the USER INPUT is subtracted from the amount in the ACCOUNTS.TXT file, the file is updated, and the ATM MESSAGES displays the Verify Withdraw Message for 10 seconds.  If the user does not enter an amount into the USER INPUT after 10 seconds, the application should return the ATM card (reset the CARD SIMULATOR button), display the Termination Message for 10 seconds, then wait for another user and transaction.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,643 Views)

Sorry David,

I have not forgotten about this, I just have not had a chance to review the document again.

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,643 Views)

Hi David,

I would agree that it is slightly confusing.

Feel free to implement it as you wish however I am would to interpretet it to mean "If the user does not enter additional commands into the User Input after 10 seconds the application .....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,643 Views)