Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Image Reconstructor (2013) cannot read DICOM image file

We have encountered a puzzled problem when using 3D Image Reconstructor (version 2013). It does not read the image correctly. All pixel values are -1000. The value was verified using the Read Image Express VI in the Biomedical toolkit (version 2013). However, the DICOM tags seemed read correctly. When we used the 2012 version, the same file was read correctly. Any insight?

Wei Lin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,166 Views)

Hi Wei,

Could you please attach a sample DICOM image? So that we can investigate what the problem is.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,033 Views)

Hi Bo,

Files attached. There is also another bug in the 2013 version that the file name input is case sensitive. The DICOM files had the extension "DCM" originally but were not recognized ("file not found" was the message) until I changed it to lower case "dcm".

Thanks,

Wei Lin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,033 Views)

Hi Wei,

We appreciate your report and share of the data. We will look into this. Will you be urgent to have a fix?

Thanks!

ZJ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,033 Views)

It is not very urgent but it would be appreciated if this can be resolved soon as most of our computers have LV 2013 installed. Thanks.

Wei Lin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,033 Views)

Hi ZJ,

Any news on the 3D Image Reconstructor issue? Thanks.

Wei Lin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,033 Views)

Hi Wei,

We confirmed this is  a bug in 2013 version. We will fix it in next release.

Thanks for your report!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,033 Views)

So right now the 3D image resconstructor (2013) has a bug in reading DICOM image file? Then I have to delay my update. By the way, would you please inform us when the bug is fixed? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,033 Views)