G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2013 sp1 crash when creating override method

Hello,

I have a big issue with Labview 2013 Sp1. I created a small test project with one abstract class and one concrete class. When I create a new overrided method I got the following crash report :

http://i.imgur.com/dfGoJo4.png

The same operation with the same project works fine on another pc wtih Labview 2013 without sp1.

Does anybody have an idea about this problem ?

You can find the project as attachement if you want to try it.

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,645 Views)

Hi,

I must admit, I've hadn't tried it on LV2013SP1 yet (doing LV2014 beta testing), but I am installing it now and will try and make a fix if neccessary. Did you make an upgrade on LV2013 to LV2013SP1? If so, correct me if a wrong, but LabVIEW simply just overwrites LV2013 with LV2013SP1 and all toolkits remains as they were? I strongly then suspect G# IDE VIs are still compiled in LV2013 and not in LV2013SP1. Have you tried to uninstall and install it again?

I get back to you when I have installed LV2013SP1 and tested your project.

Mattias

AddQ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,192 Views)

Hi,

I got the exact same problem for LV2013SP1, the same crash dialog. I have identified the problem and it seems that LabVIEW changed behaviour for adding a VI to a class. G#IDE first creates a template VI and then adds it to the class. The template VIs has dynamic dispatch set for the ref in and ref out and this is what seems to be the cause that LabVIEW crashes. The solution is to not have dynamic dispatch on the templates method. This is set after the VI is added to the class anyway to match whatever you selected in the dialog.

Please unzip and replace all the template VIs in: <path>\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\addons\_AddQ\G#Templates\G#MethodTemplates

I will make a new release as soon as possible with this fix of the templates included.

Note: This is only for LV2013SP1. The attached templates are compiled in LV2013SP1, do not replace them for any other version.

Mattias E

AddQ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,192 Views)

Hi,

Please install G#Framework 1.6.0. It fixes the crash bug.

Mattias Ericsson

AddQ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,192 Views)

Thanks you so much for the quick answer !

This is really appreciate.

I will update the G# framework and come back to you.

Nicolas.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,192 Views)

Hi,

NI has released a new patch that fixed the original crash problem that was introduced in LabVIEW 2013SP1. I advise you all to patch your LabVIEW2013SP1 with patch LabVIEW 2013 SP1 f2, even though G# Framework 1.6.0 has a workaround not to trigger the bug. Older versions of G# Framework should now work.

Fix ID: 457434 In LabVIEW 2013 SP1, removing a file from a class and then adding that file back to the same class can crash LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4415B312CC61449A86257C820053B65E

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,192 Views)