LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme runs on desktop, but not laptop...

Hello all,

I've been using LIFA with an Arduino Uno and LabView 2013 for the past few months and the system's been working no problem on the desktop Zoostorm PC. I've recently received a new Lenovo laptop - with the exact same packages, firmware and LabView programme the system now doesn't work most of the time, with typically 5002 or 5003 errors coming up. It puzzles me why it HAS worked a couple of times.

The device is recognised in COM3 port and I've hardwired the COM3 on the Init.vi. In the Devices and Drivers the COM3 port tends to have a 9600 baud rate; I've tried changing this to 112500, but I think it reverts back to 9600 so have hardwired 9600 to Init.vi.

Has anyone else had problems getting their system to work on another computer?  They're both running Windows 7 (albeit Windows 7 Enterprise on the desktop and Windows 7 Professional on the laptop.) Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,043 Views)

Hey RNG,

LIFA has been replaced with LINX, so I'd suggest trying LINX on your new PC.  If that doesn't work please post in the LINX forums and we'll help you get it sorted out. 

Thanks!

-Sam K

LIFA and LINX developer

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)

I'll try that, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,605 Views)