From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer Feature Idea - Increase default value of "Maximum Reported Failures"

I'm referring to this value in the VI Analyzer UI:

max.png

The default value has been '5' since the VI Analyzer's 1.0 release. I find myself frequently upping this value to '50' or more for certain tests. The "Apply Current Max Fails to All" button makes it fairly painless to get a bigger value for all tests, but it's still something I have to remember to do.

We included the Maximum Reported Failures value originally to keep the results from ballooning in size. After 10 years of using my own product I'm not so sure that's necessary. There are, of course, lots of ways to address this...

• Do nothing, stick with '5'
  • Increase the default value globally for all new analysis sessions
  • Allow individual tests to specify a default max value just for that particular test
  • Provide an INI token for specifying a different default value

My personal preference is to just increase the default value to '50' and be done with it. Values stored in .cfg files would be unaffected on load...this default value would only apply to new analysis sessions (both interactive and programmatic), and probably new tests that are not present in stored .cfg files. What do y'all think?

Message 1 of 2
(4,070 Views)

I like both options 2 and 3, which are not mutually exclusive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,924 Views)