From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer test for Key Navigation toggle

Solved!
Go to solution

When a developer creates a system button on the front panel, it usually defaults to key navigation "Toggle" when Enter is pushed. Not many people realize this.  Checking for "key navigation" is also an easy thing to overlook when reusing code. Is there a VI test that can detect front panels with key navigation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,481 Views)

I am not aware of a test that checks front panel controls for key navigation. It seems like it would be fairly straightforward to write. If you end up writing it, please post it to this community group and link to it from the List of Community VI Analyzer Tests page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,570 Views)

This is no longer the case with LabVIEW 2013. In LabVIEW 2013 when you place an OK system button it no longer has the toggle key navigation set. This was a nice surprise to me

But if you have code from previous versions of LabVIEW or if you are still working on previous versions of LabVIEW you would need to be aware of this. I agree this would be a useful test.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D*

Here's my stab at this test :

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36813.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,570 Views)