LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview+arduino+Water Flow sensor help!

hola a todos en NI, he decidido crear una pequeña aplicacion para saber cuanto flujo de agua pasa por una tuberia.

sensor.jpg

este es el sensor que intento usar, la respuesta es en pulsos, con el sketch desde el arduino logro optener los datos necesarios, pero la idea es usarlo desde labview, no he podido adquirir datos del sensor, no se cual es la herramienta correcta para hallar la frecuencia.

I need help, which tool can calculate the frequency of this sensor. thanks

Message 1 of 10
(7,724 Views)

hola!

que chulo! yo queria hacer algo parecido, ese sensor tiene el calbe de salida amirillo tipuico de pwm¿? tienes datashet? dime algo aremos juntos ... jejej

un saludo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,821 Views)

hola jenny, pues el sensor da respuesta en pulsos y dependiendo de la frecuencia asi sera el caudal, por ejemplo, si la frecuencia es de 60 Hz el caudal es de 10 litros/Min, el problema es que no se como calcular dicha frecuencia en labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,821 Views)

The only way that I could think of to get close to getting an accurate value is to hook it to an analog pin and do a finite acquisition and then process that data to get the frequency.

Also, you should consider using LINX istead of LIFA (which is no longer offically supported). 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,821 Views)

hi tested this pin hooking up to an analog pin but doesnt work.... connecting to a digital pin and reading it can read the high and low signal values 0 and 1 but is there any possible way to read the frequency via the digital pin and using the interupts

the arduino code for the above sensor is provided in the below link

http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=989&p=3632

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,821 Views)

Your question

"is there any possible way to read the frequency via the digital pin and using the interupts"

The present version of LIFA does not have the capability measure frequency or to use interrupts.  If you need to measure frequency you can either modify LIFA or use a non LIFA approach.  With a non LIFA approach you would use Labviews serial write and read capability and the Arduino code you provided a link to. 

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,821 Views)

how to modify the lifa i mean what exactly to be modified on the because im not so familiar with lifa

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,821 Views)

can some one give me a guide on how to do this via lifa

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,821 Views)

To do it with LIFA intact, you might be able to just put that code in LIFA_Base.ino as long as you remove the serial communication and change the timing from a delay to a timestamp based timing.  Then, you simply make a LIFA function (look at any exisitng function to see how to make one) that reports back the information that you want (stored in global variables).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,821 Views)

could you show me an example.. im not familiar on how the lifa firmware is coded so unaware on how to edit the lifa base to make this sensor work

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,821 Views)