From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Crash when converting from GOOP 2 to GOOP 3

I have been attempting to convert some of our GOOP 2 Modules to GOOP 3 Modules and I keep crashing LabVIEW. I do not know how to interrupt the crash data files to determine what is actually causing the LabVIEW to crash. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to determine what is causing the LabVIEW crash.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,030 Views)

Are you running LV2013SP1f2?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,274 Views)

Sorry, Yes I am running LV2013SP1F2

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,274 Views)

Can you create the debug log?

How to find crashes/bugs in GDS!
Do this (before starting LabVIEW)Add an empty text file with this name: GDS_DebugLog.txt, and place it in this folder: Documents\LabVIEW Data
Now start LabVIEW, and open the project and reproduce the crash.
After the crash examine the file or upload it here so I can have a look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,274 Views)

here is the file you asked for

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,274 Views)

That didn't show me anything from the GOOP2 to GOOP3 Conversion :-(, maybe it's only the GOOP3 to GOOP4 conversion that I've added this debugger in. I suspect it crashes LV when it tries to add a file to the project.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,274 Views)

One more thing, If I run the GOOP 2 to GOOP 3 again, LabVIEW does not crash and completes the conversion. I don't know it that will help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,274 Views)

The crash is most often a timing issue. If LV tries to do something as the same time the conversion VI does somthing with the project, LV can crash. Just retry a couple of times to see if that helps is a good idea.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,274 Views)