From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9068 shipping with bad libz symlink?

I just burned about 3 hours trying to figure out why my code wouldn't compile and run correctly.  After diving into the /lib directory I noticed that libz.so was pointing to libz.so.1.2.3, however the only file that was there was libz.so.1.2.7.

I deleted the symlink and pointed it to the libz.so.1 link that was correctly pointing to the libz.so.1.2.7 file.

> cd /lib

> rm libz.so

> ln -s libz.so.1 libz.so

Can someone with a formatted cRIO-9068 confirm that it is shipping like this?  I have installed quite a bit of software on mine and I'm not sure if one of those things has tainted this link or if it came this way from NI.

Thanks,

-TD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,331 Views)

As one data point: I just checked a fresh myRIO installation (bare bones, no additional NI software), and got the following results:

admin@myRIO:~# find / -name "*libz*"      

/var/lib/opkg/info/libz1.control

/var/lib/opkg/info/libz1.postinst

/var/lib/opkg/info/libz1.list

/usr/lib/libz.so.1

/usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.7

admin@myRIO:~# readlink -f /usr/lib/libz.so.1

/usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.7

admin@myRIO:~# readlink -f /usr/lib/libz.so 

admin@myRIO:~#

Which would tend to rule out the core shipping software from NI having the error. Though, as mentioned -- this is with bare-bones software installed, no add-ons or drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,675 Views)

JackDunaway,

Can you do this:

> cd /lib

> ls -al *mysql*

To show what the links are to?

Thanks,

-TD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3