Software Defined Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE or WCDMA signal generator with USRP

Hi.

I am using USRP N210. I want to generate LTE or WCDMA signal type using this USRP at around 2GHz band. I was wondering is there any VI available for this purpose? I know there is examples of TX (single tone) in Labview example section but I am looking for LTE/WCDMA signal; type. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments
ErikL
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hello -

There are toolkits for both WCDMA and LTE in LabVIEW. ie. NI LTE

Generation Toolkit

These are made for use with PXI test equipment, however the output is

generally baseband IQ data which could be stored and then played through a

USRP.

I recommend evaluating the toolkits before you purchase them to be sure

they meet your needs.

sam2013ni
on

Thanks for your message.

In fact I have been using PXI to generate LTE signal. The reason I want to use USRP is that I need another source  of signal. I have LTE Generation Toolkit.

Thanks for your suggestion. Is there any documentation on how to record signal on PXI? and is there any LabView VI which uses recorded signal to transmit it through USRP?

ErikL
NI Employee (retired)
on

Generally it can be done with 2 steps:

1. Use the toolkit sulation expel because RFSA is not integrated into the example already.

2. The USRP supports a discrete number of IQ rates so you will probably need to resample.

If 1 and 2 above are too slow to perfm on realtime with the USRP then you can write them to memory or a file offline and ten stream with USRP later.

The above is how I wrote the GPS simulation example for USRP found in the examples community. You will find the resample VI there and a producer consumer architecture with FIFO to buffer the differing rates of the GPS sum and USRP Tx loops.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from mobile device.

Contributors