Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for Presentations: ALARM Meeting September 17th

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to encourage/invite folks to present at the upcoming ALARM meeting on September 17th.  At this juncture there is space available for 2 more presenters.  If you want to present, but don't know what to present, I have lots of topics.  If you would like to present please include:

• Title
  • Presenter name
  • Abstract - nothing fancy just a brief overview.

I look forward to hearing from y'all.  If you have any questions or concerns related to this matter please let me know.

Cheers,

Aaron Ryan

A_Ryan
AES
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,147 Views)

If you have a topic to present and want someone please let me know.

I have about 2 years labview experience. I am doing OO development with DAQ tasks right now, and taking labview level 2 & 3 courses

Steve Aldrich

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,655 Views)

What's the time & location of the meeting?

Steve Aldrich

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Steve,

Following are details on the next ALARM meeting:

Wednesday, September 17 NI Training & AWR Offices, 363 Centennial Parkway, Suite 200, Louisville, CO 80027<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=363CentennialParkway,Suite200Louisville,CO80027&hnear=363CentennialPkwy%23200,Louisville,Boulder,Colorado80027&gl=us&t=h&z=16> 6:30 p.m.

For future reference, the meeting schedule is at the top of the ALARM Community page<https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/alarm>.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications.  Since it sounds like you are already doing OO, what about talking about HALs or how you are using the benefits of OO in your DAQ tasks?  Maybe it could also include a brief discussion about how you ended up choosing OO as well.

Like I said sorry for the late reply, please let me know if you would like to present.

Cheers,

Aaron

A_Ryan
AES
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to encourage/invite folks to present at the upcoming ALARM meeting on September 17th.  At this juncture there is space available for 1 more presenters.  I realize this is less than a week away and having 3 presentations would be great.  Please let me know if you are interested.

I look forward to hearing from y'all.  If you have any questions or concerns related to this matter please let me know.

Cheers,

Aaron Ryan

A_Ryan
AES
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Aaron,

Is anyone covering what is new in LV2014 yet?

Buddy

Buddy Haun
Certified Trainer, Former Alliance Member, LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Hey Buddy,

Yes some one is already covering that topic.

Cheers,

Aaron

A_Ryan
AES
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,654 Views)

Hi Aaron,

Sure, I'll do what I can. I'll start working right away on having something to demonstrate.

Right now I'm using OO in a state machine design pattern, with an event handler.

I can also talk about functional global variables that I learned about in the core 3 training, if that's a useful topic.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Steve Aldrich

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Hi Aaron, Don't know if this is a separate thread or a repeat, but I accepted the offer.

Steve Aldrich,

Advanced Terra Testing,

Lakewood

Subject, OO with inheritance in a state machine pattern

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,654 Views)