NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Custom Device Feedback

Welcome to the Modbus Custom Device feedback forum. Please use forum to provide feedback or ask questions.

Message 1 of 39
(15,775 Views)

I downloaded your Modbus veristand application but i am getting an error when going to add the custom device.  It is saying that the Modbus Main Page.vi is no executable.  When i click on the Veristand error this is what is says....

Dependant File Property 'Driver VI Path_0' does not have a valid path

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2013\Custom Devices\Modbus\c\Modbus Engine VxWorks.llb\Modbus RT Driver VI.vi

Looks like something is looking for the VxWork.llb which doesn't exist....is there a pathing issue somewhere in the build?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 39
(8,788 Views)

Hi, does-it prevent you from using it (on Windows or PharLap)? I made the provision for the potential Vx-Works support but it's not implemented, as you noticed. Regards. Vincent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 39
(8,788 Views)

It does prevent me from using it....i get a page error and i can't load in the xml configuration.

I tried renaming the PharlapWin.llb to VxWorks.llb and that didn't work either.  Its almost like your provision for future Vx-Works support is erroring something out.  Do you have a copy without any reference to VxWorks?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 39
(8,788 Views)

I should note that my setup is a Windows PC connected to a PXI-8196 RT via an ethernet cable.  Both running Veristand 2013 SP1. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 39
(8,788 Views)

With the version from the site, I reproduce the issue, not with the built version I had on my dev machine. I'm going to have a look at that. Sorry for the inconvenience. When do you need it? Regards. Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 39
(8,788 Views)

I was able to go in and remove the VxWorks call from the xml file which removed the error but i still get the page error about a VI not found at an expected location or missing dependencies required to run.  I am working on this project now for a customer...do you anything on my end?  Active support number?  Sales person contact info?  Let me know...my sales rep just walked away from my desk but I think he is on site all day today.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 39
(8,788 Views)

Hello Vincent_R.,

we want to use the Custom Device with VeriStand 2014. At the moment there is only a VeriStand 2013 SP 1 version provided. Is it possible that you provide a compiled Version for VeriStand 2014 or maybe also the complete source project so we can do it on our own? There exists a specical section which states whats it needed to edit the source code (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39150#Addon_Requirements_to_Modify_the_Modbus_Custom_Device) but I´m unable to find the archive with the source code. Due to the usage of a packed library and missing block diagrams it is also not possible to save the build llb file with LabVIEW 2014.

Thanks in advance for your help, Holger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 39
(8,788 Views)

Hi Felmer,

Before LabVIEW-2014, the Modbus Library was not part of LabVIEW RT and DSC. With LabVIEW-2014, it's now integrated into it. Where I was told it is almost exactly the same, there will be some operations in order to port the CD from NIVS-2013 SP1 to NIVS-2014. Then, it's likely we will make the source code available on-line.

Can you send me a private message and details what are your requirements for the Modbus CD that make you conclude that you want to create your own? I'm interested in that feedback.

Best regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 39
(8,788 Views)

Hi Holger,

FYI. I just uploaded 2014 version and its source-code.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 39
(8,788 Views)