From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Suggest the code for replacement of plant with transfer function as shown in figure

I derived a first order model of level control loop, using examples i developed auto tune

controller.

As shown in figure below it is the example of Autotune PID offline, the plant mention has specified parameters and works(simulation) absolutely fine, is it possible to replace the plant with the derived transfer function and check the continious response of plant(as per transfer function). In this case i can check various controllers (such as IMC,  ziegler-nichols) and their response on my level loop.

Please Suggest

Autotune PID offline example.png

Regards

MMS79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,921 Views)

Hi,

I think it is definitely doable. If you installed Control Design & Simulation or System Identification Toolkit, you could create a transfer function model, then use the model in the loop.

For example:

2014-08-22_093556.png

Thanks!

ZJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,858 Views)

Thanks ZJ,

It is a continous closed loop system, with the blocks you mentioned i got output (Process value).

please suggest where should i connect PID output (Manipulated variable), please refer example of Autotune PID offline, if my question is not clear.

Thanks and regards.

MMS79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,858 Views)